Rye Patch GPX 6000

Bret you did great!  The man was finding gold the night before class even started!  Welcome to nuggeteering!  Now that you have the skills, get on that Idaho research and find some backyard gold! 😁

• Like 2

Does somebody go out and restock that burn barrel area--it has got to be the most pounded area in the Rye Patch.  

Not unless they are digging down 8-10 inches and wedging them between the shale and then figured out how to replace the dirt in a manner that looks undisturbed.    All with caliche attached.  

• Like 1

Does somebody go out and restock that burn barrel area--it has got to be the most pounded area in the Rye Patch.  

Yes it gets restocked with lead pellets, copper bb's, foil from the camp fires and usual crap lazy ass people leave.

The thing is with Rye Patch and the burn barrel, most folks are not running the newest technology detectors and most folks don't take the time to show up for our 3 day classes.  So it's unfortunate but true, most folks are there to help clean up the trash targets left by others so us detector educated guys who run the newer technology machines can come in and dig the gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Brett,  Thanks again for taking the time away from your family and work to join my Field Staff Experts and I (for the 2nd time).  I recall you found gold the 1st trip with the Equinox 800 (my favorite VLF gold detector) and so when you showed up with the GPX-6000 I knew you would have an advantage over the others in the class.  You certainly showed that with your attention to detail, hard work and coil to the soil resulting in more gold.

Very nice gold indeed with some familiar characters to the NV gold in your finds.

Well done my friend and now we just need to tune you in on the Beach Hunting.

I'll probably make a post of my last trip there for 2021 in a few days.

Oh boy, looks like my comment about restocking the burn barrel area at Rye Patch may have been taken the wrong way.  The comment was made in jest because so many people have found nuggets in that area and it is still giving them up.  No disrespect was intended.  I respect anyone who can find a nugget in that area.  

• Like 6