GPX 6000 14" DD In High Emi

Arky

Mike,  One of the benefits to owning the GPX-6000 is the 14" DD coil.  Glad you were able to tap into some of the detectors capabilities and find a treasure.  All those other targets just goes to show, the ground at that location under the lines has not been cleaned out.  Keep it up.

I’m amazed there aren’t more reports out of Western Australia, this coil in Salt mode is perfect for that. There are miles and miles are nugget areas in WA that just make detectors moan especially after rain. Salt mode isn’t just for salt lakes it will work in a surprising amount of places where the ground isn’t too deep. Salt mode also offers a fair bit of EMI resistance as well and IMHO is cleaner on variable ground in Difficult mode.

I’ve not been able to get to WA for 2 years now so only managed to do a small amount of testing with ML Engineers when the concept was in its infancy, Salt mode performed really well in the ground I tested in. 

JP

• Like 3

What about powerline interference? Does the DD coil handle that well enough? 

• Like 1

In my little experiment the 14 DD was usable directly under a 69 kv line and pretty quiet about 15 ft away. It was irritatingly noisy under a 345 kv line but hit on targets. It quieted down at about 50 ft away.

• Like 2