Recommendations For Wet Weather Gear?

lostcoast

I can't help you on what pants to buy, but I use oversized vinyl disposable gloves and put them over what ever my favorite gloves are. That's what I use during my beach hunts. It keeps the winter gloves dry and keeps my hands warm. They are still flexible too.

• Like 1

I appreciate all the suggestions and thoughts.

I used to wear Grudens Herkules when I did oyster work. Definitely looking for something lightweight and breathable in comparison. Goretex is a bit out of my price range.  Right now I've got a Marmot jacket and pants. They're fine for hiking and camping. Probably gonna go with a set of Carharrt breathable bibs, but maybe some Grundens. I think the Carharrts (Storm Defender) might be more breathable, but the Grundens (Full Share) have pockets for knee pads.

As far as rain boots go, I have several pairs of Xtratuffs. 

• Like 1

Maybe of interest, check out OZs "Dry As A Bone" locally called "wet as a shag" because of humid conditions.

On 11/12/2021 at 4:21 PM, flakmagnet said:

What do rain people dress their detectors in?

They don't dress them in anything. They just use an AT Max, Gold or Pro (kidding).

I use a poncho type cover for rain conditions, has a hood and covered from head to toe, can still use the 5000 if you wanted to during the rain. When dry, it stuffs into  tiny bag to carry until the next time it is needed. 

• Thanks 1