Teardrop Washers Used With The Green Aftermarket Coil Tab Protector

trunkmonkey

Is the Green Aftermarket Coil Tab Protector used "to replace" the teardrop washers?  

In other words, if the coil of my machine is equipped with the "Green Aftermarket Coil Tab Protector," then there is No Need To Be Concerned About the fact that the teardrop washers can not be used in the set up; is that correct?

Is the following a true statement:

"The teardrop washers and the fact that they do not fit in place any where in conjunction with an installed "Green Aftermarket Coil Tab Protector" is of no consequence." 

I sure hope so because I can see absolutely no possible way that the teardrop washers can be used in conjunction with the 

"Green Aftermarket Coil Tab Protector"

Best Regards,

Steve E. Bryant 

Providing a link to this product (hopefully one that includes the quote you reference) would be appropriate.

• Like 2

Providing a link to this product (hopefully one that includes the quote you reference) would be appropriate.

GB Amateur,

The quote is of my origin; I’m quoting me. 

I would like to talk with someone who knows about the problems that the equinox 600/800 has with the way the coils attach to the end of the detector.  

I’m brand new at this, so you must know what I’m referring to if you know anything at all about the Equinox line. 

If you are not familiar then I’ll wait to hear from someone who is.

Thank you for trying to help

steve

Well, first off, you look suspiciously like a spammer trying to sell us on some product. Your response to Chuck scored you no extra points, that’s for sure. I almost hit the spammer ban button. But let’s try this instead.

Your Equinox comes with washers that work fine, need no replacing with anything else. At least, my three oldest Equinox in the country, with multiple coils, are all still running just fine with stock washers. Just do not overtighten the coil bolts, an extremely common thing, leading to coil ear breakage.

In other words, you can toss your "Green Aftermarket Coil Tab Protector" as a waste of time and money, at least in my personal experience. I certainly won’t waste mine Googling it, which appears to be the goal in this exercise.

• Like 5

I have contacted my source and presented him with my question.  I am completely up to date and understand how it all goes together now.  

Thank you for discerning the difference between a spammer and a newbie to the hobby in distress.  All now is well. 

PS:  When I joined this site in pursuit of answer, I had to create an online identity.  That stresses me out especially in a moment of need knowing full well I'll likely not visit the site again.  In an effort to be done with it, I chose the absolute first thing that came to mind; again knowing full well that it could suggest I'm a trolling trouble maker.  Thank you for not blowing me off. 

This morning before replying here, I contacted my seller once again and had a good, quick, mind to mind dialogue and light bulb switched on brightly now...all is well! 

Steve

This morning before replying here, I contacted my seller once again and had a good, quick, mind to mind dialogue and light bulb switched on brightly now...all is well! 

Steve

We can give you lots of help. I don't know another site that has more knowledgeable people on it. Detecting in all types of conditions. 

This is why the first member rightfully asked for a picture/link. Is your machine new? Used? Stock shaft, or after market. 

Yes, sometimes it is hard to explain things correctly.  Good luck!  

• Like 4

Ha, I had to read this post a couple of times before I stopped thinking it was spam. 😀 Valid question, and you'd best use the washers. I doubt there are many sources of information better anywhere.

Trunkmonkey, you're really missing out if you don't at least lurk this forum after this experience. These people have helped me immensely with my Equinox, and have whacked me a time or two when my posts weren't clear - it's a rite of passage. It's a learned talent to use such a great detector and to post questions. Happy hunting!

• Like 1

I don't know about the "green" ear stiffeners trunkmonkey was referring to, but, I have several aftermarket lower shafts that use the round rubber washers, and they accept the "gray" ear stiffeners that I bought just fine. I can't imagine there being an issue since the washers rub up against the coil ears, not the stiffener.....at least in all the setups I've seen.