Bungee System Or Swing Arm

For long days in the field swinging  a heavy detector  do you prefer a swing arm or bungee system.  Your  opinions  

A Hipstick gives me perfect coil control, provided I pay attention to what I'm doing. Whether it's a bungie, a Hipstick or a swing arm, the key is to pay attention to what you're doing, those helpers do not automatically give you good coil control.

• Like 1

While I mostly use smaller coils that don't require this sort of contraption and hate using anything like this I do use the standard GPZ bungee system on the rare occasion when using larger coils, anything larger than 12" is my cut off where I start to use a bungee.

I bought a hipstick which I've attached to my harness and found it quite good, it does as advertised as long as the area is relatively flat with few obstacles or it just becomes annoying.

The biggest problem with all these gadgets is my detecting areas are hilly, rocky and often steep, they really are not suited for the task, so using a smaller coil that doesn't even need all the strapping and gadgets is more viable.

On the rare occasion I have a wide open flat area albeit still a hillside the combination of bungee and hipstick makes detecting a pleasure as long as there aren't too many targets to recover.

I prefer detecting with just the detector and the WM12 on my shirt's neck. and using a lighter coil.

If I lived in an area with bigger deeper gold I'd have to have an attitude change and would use the bungee and possibly hipstick a lot more often.

IMG_20210809_110254.jpg.0545307d0c2c9cf394b7103be42ee8bc.jpg

You may notice my harness looks almost new, that's because I don't use it often.

I use my swing arm sometimes, although I like to carry my pick as I'm forever digging and scratching around moving shotgun pellets and I've only got two arms so don't have a free arm to use it, mostly it just ends up hanging there.  In an area with minimal targets the swing arm would be good for good coil control.  A lighter coil again makes it less necessary.

• Like 3

When  using  the 2300 I use the bungee   can run all day with good coil control  when I use the 6000 with the double  d coil  I run a swing arm and it balances out  great. Don't  own a 7000 but as heavy as that thing is  l would use a bungee  and the swing  arm together 

The Swing Arm that comes with a GPZ-7000 is such a great design and I have sold many.  Yes the coil control is greatly improved.  The Hipstick takes me a little to get used to but the last year with my GPZ-7000, I used it and worked great.  Yes I also used the swing arm on the 7 at the same time.