The King Of Detectors Has Spoken

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunting, now all you have to do is to repeat that about 10 more times to pay for the detector.

Good luck on your next hunt.

If I was wanting to pay for it, probably only 5 more times and those beauties would have it paid.

Truth with me be told, I'm more of "all about the trip", adventure, the food/people, comradery.  The gold is a bonus.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Great results Gerry! Though truth with me be told, it’s all about the gold. The other stuffs a bonus, that I can generally get better other places in my life. :smile:

When people say the gold does not matter, I ask, “why not go detect for copper nuggets.” Or coins in the park? You can get all the same adventure, camraderie, etc. doing many things. No, me, I like finding gold, plain and simple. It can be gold jewelry, that’s fine, but gold is what I like to hunt, and nothing else really floats my boat like digging a gold nugget of any size. If it’s by myself eating beans from a can, I’m loving it. Camraderie, good food, no gold… that sucks! :laugh:

I don’t know why, but I had a mental image of Golem saying “my precious” while reading your reply, Steve. 😉 But one look at Gerry’s shiny little hoard there and “why” becomes perfectly clear!  I’d feel the same way digging up one of those!  😄

• Like 4

There is nothing quite like finding a nugget ... of any size!

• Like 7

Ok Steve,   You do bring up a great point about detecting for gold.   Yes I hunt a variety of MDing styles and gold is one of my favorites.   Part of the reason I didn't mention, it's the challenge.  Finding gold nuggets with a metal detector is some of the hardest of metal detecting.  Chasing coins in a park and relics in a field is easy to me, and just not as challenging.  That's part of the reason I mentioned the comradory, food/friends.  Those rare occasions we all find gold in the isolate desert just makes that can of beans (better have bacon 🥓 in it)  taste so much better. 

• Like 9

Hey Gerry,

I have to give you all the credit in the world, you are the furthest from a "armchair" dealer for sure.  You are out promoting and using the Minelab GPX 6000 to it's fullest potential.  Congrats on the success at Rye Patch, some beautiful gold for sure.  

Rob

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1