The King Of Detectors Has Spoken

Mannnn , that last page was a hell of a time to run outta likes !

like like like like like like.........good thread !

Gerry

Not deciding to sell it until now........you ARE a KING !

Or at least will live like one ! 

🖖

• Haha 1

Awesome finds, Gerry. IMO, the 6000 earns the title" King of Detectors" for conditions/grounds/gold types that are conducive for optimal 6k performance. But there are other situations and circumstances where the 7k/NF12 outperforms any other detector. Yet, in other situations a good VLF is the King as I am sure you are well aware. So, I would rather call the 6k a "Conditional King". And IMHO, every current ML detector earned this title. GC.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2021 at 5:12 PM, Gold Catcher said:

Awesome finds, Gerry. IMO, the 6000 earns the title" King of Detectors" for conditions/grounds/gold types that are conducive for optimal 6k performance. But there are other situations and circumstances where the 7k/NF12 outperforms any other detector. Yet, in other situations a good VLF is the King as I am sure you are well aware. So, I would rather call the 6k a "Conditional King". And IMHO, every current ML detector earned this title. GC.

I agree 100% with your analysis as each detector is a tool and has it's place.  But for Rye Patch (which is what I said), there is no other gold detector at this time that will perform with Success like the new GPX-6000.

Yes I still own a GPZ-7000 for the odd occasion and I love my Equinox 800 for the trash and ore dump piles.

• Like 6

Aye, time tells along with location just which detectors the King, for me at present the 6Ks the go with the 11" mono, the 17"monos not shown it has a depth advantage over the Z/X17CC combo, indeed I feel at this early stage it isn`t in the race. The 6K/11" combos ergonomics and lightweight thus ease of use, gives this old codger longer hours in the field, excellent for linear detecting along horse trails amongst the high grass finding those elusive patches.

And then there`s the EQ800/GM, ML vs ML vs ML vs ML

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Norvic said:

for me at present the 6Ks the go with the 11" mono

Same for me. I mostly use sensitivity 7/normal/threshold on. What an awesome machine! However, Auto 1 can be quite unstable and most 6k users I have asked also prefer sensitivity 7 or 8 over the auto modes, at least at Gold Basin/AZ where I just got back from. I could run the 7k/NF12 in HY/Normal/Sens 15/smoothing off and it was considerably more stable than the 6k in auto1. So, at least at Gold Basin two "Kings of Detectors" for me. I found some nice small pieces and specys, but don't feel like posting them after seeing Gerry's stunning pic 😁

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, geof_junk said:

The king is dead............

1636864556_247892448_3145318405684760_427654983510270967_n_6000gpx.jpg.07e3fff5e034e88c77f6277b67c46d05.jpg

Don't put it under the 4WD to keep it dry when raining...........

Ugh, So terrible to see! I am really sorry.

My wife ran over an entire row of her crew’s lunchboxes put under the work truck that they were trying to keep shaded, but this takes it to a much deeper level of regret. 😔

• Like 1

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. I wonder if Minelab can even repair that? Hopefully they can do something with it and maybe cut you a break. 🥺

• Like 1

Bugger, I really hope that's not your GPX Geof 😞   Looks like a write off.

It's a shame it wasn't a tough old metal GPX 4500, it would be photos up of the damaged 4x4 more so than the damaged detector.

• Like 2