MDT Gold

dewcon4414

The guys really cleaned the beach this Summer so it a matter of slow hunting for moved targets.  This is photos of my last two hunts.   I’ve not hunted a lot … been picking and choosing my days waiting on the winds to change.  Couple of smalls….. angle is 8.8 grams of 10k and the crazy looking girl is 2.8 grams of 14k.   Waters filling down it’s about 70 so there have been fewer people in the water.  Getting some good low tides.  Thou there are advantages to hunting high tides.   Puts you in places you wouldn’t hunt and it seems salt water activates the target better.  This time of the year thou beach rotation should be considered… you have to find those target concentrations that been push or pulled all winter and buried.  Big shoutout to SteveG on his shaft.  I really like it.  I’ve gotten NO movement at those locks or wear.  I’v been surprised that I’ve not had to change the coil rubbers yet the coil has stayed tight.  Thumbs up Steve.  Note that Buffalo nickel.  Someone has been dropping them along the beach.  They are not common and have not been there long.  I’m wondering if maybe it was someone wish along with their ashes.  We get a lot of that here.

7B24E4EF-2200-4013-9B07-B537982A4A8B.jpeg

C9A03EBD-D63E-4C04-A16D-8DB3F0711C13.jpeg

• Like 8

Bizarre but very cool finds. Almost seems like detectorists found them before but were unnerved by them and threw them back 😀 just kidding, but here we are. I second your shout to SteveG.

Are the ring and watchband silver? I'm thinking tungsten on the ring. Cool patina on the buffalo too!

Bizarre but very cool finds. Almost seems like detectorists found them before but were unnerved by them and threw them back 😀 just kidding, but here we are. I second your shout to SteveG.

Are the ring and watchband silver? I'm thinking tungsten on the ring. Cool patina on the buffalo too!

Yes TU on the ring.  Brass on the bracelet.   Most nickels that been out there on this beach are pretty black.  It turns them and silver a gold color at first.  Wished they would throw a few more my way.    As you can tell I like to check some of the deep iron … but I’ve yet to have one turn into a gold ring.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

As you can tell I like to check some of the deep iron …

I do too, and good thing you did 🙂 that head is interesting. It's a 1900s Shiva head from India I think, and that little girl pendant is worth about $350, there's one for sale on eBay right now.

Weirdest thing I've dug at the beach was a small jeweler's anvil that someone threw in the surf in Savannah. 

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I do too, and good thing you did 🙂 that head is interesting. It's a 1900s Shiva head from India I think, and that little girl pendant is worth about $350, there's one for sale on eBay right now.

Weirdest thing I've dug at the beach was a small jeweler's anvil that someone threw in the surf in Savannah. 

Thanks for that info.   That iron piece must weigh 2 ounces.  Ya never know….. I had one day I dug 5 knives.

• Like 2