17x13 Evolution First Trip Out

I'm posting this for anyone who may be on the fence like I was regarding a larger coil. 

Overall I’m very happy with the 17x13 NF Evo coil.  First trip out with the new coil was last Saturday.  Went to an area where a lot of gold was recovered thinking I would find something deep.  Well that wasn’t the case.  I did find this little dink about two inches deep.  What am I getting at?  I was amazed this large coil would still pick up little pieces and a decent depth.  This coil ran quiet, did not false when bumped and was still small enough to maneuver around the brush which is why I didn't go any larger.  I was using 5000, Fine Gold, Gain 15, Normal Audio, Stabilizer 9

IMG_2804.JPG

• Like 4

You're not missing anything with that setup, NB. Was the target response fairly decent or was it a fainty?

Good find Brian. I have tried the coiltek mono elite 14" and it picks up tiny gold too. Pretty amazing. most of the time I could run on sens. Xtra where as previously with a blitz coil or commander I had to stay in fine gold at same location. I will be testing out the new 18" mono elite coil here in a few days for us good ole Americans. I will post how she goes. But early reports from Australia seem pretty good. 

• Like 1

Approx 1040 grams nice coil.

21 hours ago, californiagold said:

Good find Brian. I have tried the coiltek mono elite 14" and it picks up tiny gold too. Pretty amazing. most of the time I could run on sens. Xtra where as previously with a blitz coil or commander I had to stay in fine gold at same location. I will be testing out the new 18" mono elite coil here in a few days for us good ole Americans. I will post how she goes. But early reports from Australia seem pretty good. 

I didn't even think about trying Sensitive Extra as I'm hunting the wet red clays, but I will give it a try the next time I get out.  In some areas I'm able to use Sharp, but that's only after the ground dries out or with the gain turned down. The 18" was the other coil I was going back and forth on.  Having used the 18" with the Extreme, I knew maneuvering around the manzanita was very difficult and exhausting but that was during my early detecting days.  Since then I feel more confident when it comes to know where to look for good ground and how to move through the maze.  I will be very curious to hear your results with the 18.  Good luck

Nice work Brian. Will be taking one for a hunt tomorrow, looking forward to it