Little Park Is Still Producing

Dan(NM)

7 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

112 silvers fty is huge!   Congrats on the three you just added to it.   

Thank you, its been a weird productive year.

• The title was changed to Little Park Is Still Producing
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 4:44 PM, Dan(NM) said:

I went back to a park that's been producing some good finds. Today was a very unusual nickel day. Ended up with 3 silver war nickels, a v nickel, an unidentified coin, 4 Wheaties and a religious medallion. I didn't really have a goal this year for silver coins but with today's finds that puts me at 112 for the year. Running park 1...2 tones..no disc...manual gb at 30..recovery speed 3..iron bias at F2-0.. tone break at 10...sens 23.  All war nickels hit at 15, the V hit 12-13, the unidentified coin(?) hits at 12.

IMG_20211114_134254547.jpg

I am curious. are you detecting different areas of that park and it keeps producing, or hunting the same areas. If you are hunting the same areas are you wandering or gridding and are you using the same settings. What I am getting at if you are hunting the same area what do you think is the reason you missed these items the first time? I am not criticizing, but just trying to understand what is making that area still produce if it is the same area you hunted before?

1 minute ago, maxxkatt said:

I am curious. are you detecting different areas of that park and it keeps producing, or hunting the same areas. If you are hunting the same areas are you wandering or gridding and are you using the same settings. What I am getting at if you are hunting the same area what do you think is the reason you missed these items the first time? I am not criticizing, but just trying to understand what is making that area still produce if it is the same area you hunted before?

I was cherry picking the same area, approximately 50x50, first couple of times. I hit it from one direction using a grid pattern one day then next time from the other direction. This time I dropped my tone break to 10 and took out the nickels. When I first hit a new spot, I will wander around until I hit a keeper. Thats when I begin gridding off one section after another.

• Like 2

What a spot to hunt! Nice hunt. Try soaking the unidentified coil in hydrogen peroxide. At the bottom it looks like the crust on it is almost ready to start popping off. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

What a spot to hunt! Nice hunt. Try soaking the unidentified coil in hydrogen peroxide. At the bottom it looks like the crust on it is almost ready to start popping off.

Thank you very much, I was able to clean it up enough to getting ID, looks like I got myself a slick shield nickel.

IMG_20211115_071440147.jpg

• Like 7

Nothing wrong with that!  Reminds me of a site I have where silver dried up for a few years, and you'd work your tail off to eek out one wheat or IHP.  That's changed with the Racers, MMK and EQX.

• Thanks 1