Nokta New Relic Detector

Dang it guys, you trying to get me divorced? Haha. 

Californiagold, please do post some relics !  I know this sounds wierd, but I prefer a killer relic over a nugget! And you may be surprised.. a buckle my buddy found while out recently, he just sold for more than an oz of gold goes for. Its this one..

20151206_102614.jpg

• Like 3

I know what your sayin Ray, but I was talkin about real junk,  like modern bullets or old rusty junk. but they did find a bunch of coins in  an old tin can. ever since then when I see an old mining camp by some diggings, I switch to disc and go for coins. none yet. but I have found 12 old coins in gold diggings.  And a few other valuable items. I have a few left. most I gave to my aunt. Shes  a collector.  Which comes back to me when shes gone. I will try to get a photo on here soon. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Don!!

Anyone but a White's user has got along without V/SAT or iSAT all these years so while it may be irritating it is hardly a deal killer. Not a Gold Bug Pro out there with that control and that is a super popular machine. I certainly would not have two machines if faced with that choice. Prospectors generally tend to just prospect so the Gold+ is an easy choice. If I wanted to spend half my time prospecting and half coin or relic detecting or whatever, I would get the Relic without fear of suffering unduly. I almost never employed the V/SAT control on my MXT or GMT and have not really used iSAT on my Gold Racer either. However, if you have used it a lot and consider it to be an essential control I guess that is another matter.

iSAT helps to smooth out the threshold on variable mineralized bedrock. I have the Gold Bug Pro for getting the crumbs. It drives me nuts at times. Usually, I use the SDC or SD2100V2 for the bigger stuff. I was hoping the relic would be maxed out for gold as well. iSAT would be just another setting/tool to help hear tiny signals in highly mineralized ground.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Nokta and Makro seems to have had a plan all along. Step one was to engage the potential market cheaply via the internet and to work interactively to develop new products. More importantly, the bugs needed to be worked out.

With stable products developed, step two appears to be written magazine reviews, with some appearing now and more coming soon. Here is one on the new Nokta FORS Relic

Wow... some pretty amazing depth in the air test..... Wonder how the actual field tests are gonna turn out though. Because as we all know there can be a significant difference in "Lab" vs "Reality."

• 3 months later...
On 3/2/2016 at 1:10 AM, Ridge Runner said:

On MD-Blog it shows a shadow of a detector that looks like the Nokta fors gold. It's being called Nokta fors relic for 2016.

The Nokta and Makro detectors  are coming out of nowhere. You just say what you need and they will make it for you. That detector don't come out as a after thought but as a top notch machine.

Nokta as I get older I need one with a digging arm.Haha

The Best Nokta

Chuck

Yeah, and one that cooks well also.

• 4 weeks later...