What's Your Preferred Over The Ear Wired Headphones For The Equinox?

1 hour ago, Knomad said:

The only downside to those headphones is if your head is narrow they are a little loose for radical climbing and and angles so may move around on your head.

Not the only downside. The headphones you posted do not cut down ambient noise. 

• Like 1

Any over the ear headphones reduce ambient noise, so it's just a matter of how much you want to reduce it, I for one only want heavy reduction if in heavy wind or very noisy ambient, Especially in the desert summer when I put on open cell foam with cuts to fully open 4 spaces in the foam, this for cooling and to hear Rattlesnakes.

I find good Noise Cancelling phones to be Too Quiet to be safe, and often add a delay in response time, and often don't breath well at all.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, midalake said:

Not the only downside. The headphones you posted do not cut down ambient noise. 

For my detecting, I usually don't use over the ear phones in warm weather, just during the colder months (which can be 5 months in Colorado) so they also double as earmuffs. But while experimenting with the WM08, I thought they might also be useful for searching for deeper targets as well anytime of year. Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’m looking an Equinox compatible water resistant headphones. I said ‘resistant’ because I don’t plan to dive, just wade in the ocean surf like knee deep.

They need to be sensitive enough to hear fast dim signals. The more mass the speaker component has, the less sensitive they are. Larger mass speaker diaphragms are not as responsive to fast changing signals with weaker signal amplitudes.

Wired or fast Bluetooth OK as long as they deal with saltwater and sand!

The ML-80 headphone don’t appear water-resistant, so I am looking  

Suggestions?

Billy