What Do You All Do With Your Spoons?

Most of mine that come up mangled end up in my Box O' Junk, but if I dig an ornate handle it goes in a display box. Got one today, completely pretzeled. Nothing fancy.

And that's about all I got today... 😀 I've dug lots of silverplate, but no solid silver. There's some melt value anyway. 👍

Thanks for looking for that! 

• Like 2

As a newbie, my big question always was, “How do people lose so many coins?”

You have just replaced that question with, “How do people lose so many SPOONS?”

Does that make me a veteran?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those serving spoons are pretty cool. People should keep the pewter spoons as those are very old. Most the ones I find are plated and mangled or they are modern stainless. There is usually brand marks on the underside and you can look them up, some are collectable.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Most of mine that come up mangled 

Yea those ones I toss into the garbage these were just the strait ones...I remember when I found my first spoon...I was so proud...may have even posted it! LOL  Found a good one on the beach a couple weeks ago..nice and sturdy I snuck it into the dishwasher without the wife seeing it...

strick 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, strick said:

I was trying to find my doctor Scholl's foot insert for a for f350's thred and had to empty my box of junk to find it..only one silver out of all these...couple are engraved. One with the USS Maine. Was fun going through them. 

20211117_171954.jpg

20211117_171935.jpg

WOW, your spoons are so clean!!!! Now I feel guilty for not cleaning mine. 😄 I have a lot of spoons, so I just separate the pewter ones from the S/S and brass ones. I only have one silver spoon that I found beach hunting. For the future?? I guess they stay in the box unless I get into melting metals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1