What Do You All Do With Your Spoons?

7 hours ago, klunker said:

Buy some soup. I can't figure why I find more spoons than forks or knives.

Exactly...seems like 10 to one...beens  and soup were popular back then. 

Strick

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, strick said:

Exactly...seems like 10 to one...beens  and soup were popular back then. 

Strick

Now some restaurants won't give you a spoon unless you want coffee. 

The good ol' days... 🙄

• Like 2

I have found a few old spoons around this area and grandmothers friend asked me if she could have them.

Out of about 15 spoons that I gave her she made some very nice jewelry including rings and bracelets.

I never thought that someone would or could do that, but she sold everyone one that she made. She told me to find her some more and she will make me something out of a couple of them. She likes forks more than the spoons for some reason.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I have found a few old spoons around this area and grandmothers friend asked me if she could have them.

Out of about 15 spoons that I gave her she made some very nice jewelry including rings and bracelets.

I never thought that someone would or could do that, but she sold everyone one that she made. She told me to find her some more and she will make me something out of a couple of them. She likes forks more than the spoons for some reason.

Yes I forgot about that  somewhere I have a silver spoon ring that I found... I dont know how to tell a drug spoon from a regular spoon...the ones pictured are all old spoons...new ones from the park go into the garbage...will probably throw most of them away except the engraved ones and ones with hotel markings etc...

strick 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, strick said:

Yes I forgot about that  somewhere I have a silver spoon ring that I found..

The lady told me today that she will mix and match old spoons to make napkin holders as long as they are able to be cleaned up. If they are in just good shape she paints them and puts initials on them.

Just a thought if you ever get bored sitting in front of the fireplace.

• Like 1