Today's The Day

Momokahn

Nokta Makro makes their new MD known in 3 hours. Pretty excited to see what will be unveiled.  Today's unveiling will finally let me decide which NM detector to buy first.  Then second, then third, etc.  Just like my ham radio hobby.  You just can't stop at 1 radio.  😁

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Momokahn said:

Nokta Makro makes their new MD known in 3 hours. Pretty excited to see what will be unveiled.  Today's unveiling will finally let me decide which NM detector to buy first.  Then second, then third, etc.  Just like my ham radio hobby.  You just can't stop at 1 radio.  😁

Be great if their new machine rolled out better than their live show!

3 minutes ago, Tadoro said:

Watched it live, congrats to the winner.  What I did not see or hear was the Frequency ranges...did anyone catch them?

Sounded like it matched up with the Equinox 800, although when she scrolled through the screen the numbers were different from what she said.

19 minutes ago, soks said:

I missed it, forgot to set a reminder.  What did they say?  Will it set the detecting world on fire?  

Nokta Makro Legend

There was something about dual multi frequency that I didn't quite catch.

But some features include:

Ferrous gauge

Vibration

Stock Carbon fiber shaft with lever lock, shortens to I think 25"

Clock on display with time elapsed

Built in LED light

Swappable waterproof battery packs

3m/10ft water (Said it was not for diving)

Don't remember the price with just the headphones, but with a 6" coil (2 coils total) and an extra battery pack, MSRP of $899 and expected actual sale price of $765 in the USA.

• Like 1

The most compelling features in my mind are: 

Robust build 

Ferrocheck iron probability graphic (reminds me of fe:co in graphic form)

Price

78F2769A-A533-4933-B32F-94A3227476EA.thumb.png.6300eb9b87acae8150e615c8a899d6e5.png

Performance remains to be seen, and that will be the primary factor for me. The price really is something though. For less than the price of an Equinox 600 you get the features of an 800 and then some. If it performs comparably to an equinox 800 it’s going to be a force. $635. Even less than I expected. What will a used one go for? 500? Maybe less over time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abenson said:

where was the live event? I registered for it and got no notice via the email I used.

You can go watch it now on their Facebook page 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, abenson said:

where was the live event? I registered for it and got no notice via the email I used.

I registered also but never got an email either. No big deal. The detector looks good but no mention of SMF in its gold prospecting mode or much of anything about its gold prospecting capabilities..............which is again proof that we gold prospectors are kind of like an afterthought.

This link works. Just fast forward to the presentation in English.

• Like 4