Bluetooth aptX™ Low Latency Headphones

USB Charging & Data Cable

The Legend Cap

THE LEGEND PRO PACK ALSO INCLUDES:  $765

Waterproof DD Search Coil & Cover

15cm/6'' (LG15)

Waterproof Replaceable Spare Battery & Charger

• Like 1

Nokta Makro probably just obsoleted all their other detectors with the Legend. I can see owning a Simplex at $254 but why would you buy an Anfibio $765 or Kruzer at $635 when you probably have all the features of those 2 packed into the Legend Pro and then some at $765. I had a multi Kruzer and only ever used 3 and 4 tone modes. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I don't like the coils, 11" & 6". I'm sure there will be more to come. I want to see an 8" or 9" coil standard coil for it. It seems like they are all standard 11" coils.

I want to hear it. What are harmonic sounds? I'm not a fan of the sounds on the other brand. Maybe the Legend will have more adjustments to get the sound to your liking.

Not a lot of info on it yet. Needs more videos. Price seems good.

Dilek said during the Q&A at the end of the broadcast that there will be a 13" DD also.

Walt

• Like 1

The Nokta/Makro Legend reminds me of the Equinox in general terms with its look and options and interface on the screen.  Though as you'd expect in a detector released later, it comes with a few added features.  The iron probability meter looks useful and I like how the shaft is collapsible.

The price for the Legend seem good.  Since my Equinox 800 is out of warranty, I'd definitely consider buying one of these instead of a new Nox if I planned to do any fresh water prospecting or wading for coins.  The vibrating feature may make the need for headphones lessened in these scenarios if looking for coin sized targets.

I figure it will perform well nugget hunting since it has the frequencies and ground-cancelling abilities for that, but for me I look forward to some reports about performance on coins and jewelry in trashy sites. 

I can say, its definitely nice to have some choices for multi-frequency machines now and just around the corner, and watching things progress into the future will be interesting.  :biggrin:

• Like 4

I have to admit, this looks like a good unit.  It has my interest. Just looking at the construction it seems quite a bit more sturdy than EQ 600/800 in the coil ear area. Those ears looks very beefy. Add in the carbon fiber lower, another nice perk.

The screen seems a bit busy and crowded with little icons. Not so much a negative but slightly distracting to some maybe. In my case, the bigger the ID numbers are the better I can see them with my eyes. The Id's on the Legend do not seem all that big.

Nothing wrong with the 11" coil. No different than the standard coil on other detectors. The question is, how is the construction of the coils beyond the ears? Are they sealed well around the wiring and are the coil windings epoxied well? Little questions like that are in my mind.

Audio. Hmm, I rarely use anything other than 5 tones on my Equinox. But this new Nokta has up to 60 tones. It would be interesting to hear what it sounds like. Seems to have all the adjustments like EQ does.

It's really clear to me that Nokta really doesn't like Minelab. It's quite entertaining. Minelab has in all honesty up-priced their products for a long time. They have been arrogant in the past as well. I own one of their machines because it works. I also own one because if it had an issue during warranty it would be taken care of ( this unit has had no issues).

I must say that this Legend has me very curious. Curious enough to buy one? Well, not right yet. I do enjoy playing with new gadgets, and especially new metal detectors. However, I've bought quite a few that were not all they were cracked up to be. If I could find one of these new Legends and perhaps even trade my ORX towards it to soften the price.. Yeah I'd do it.

What does worry me is warranty claims with this new machine, and the availability of warranty service along with turnaround time if there is an issue. 2 yr warranty is a little weak though. 

So yeah.. for me at least the ORX I have would definitely be up for trading towards a Legend. The machine looks pretty good. Will be looking forward to hearing from the real world users once this hits the pipeline.

• Like 4

As someone who just did his research and decision making and landed on the Nox 800 only a couple of months ago...

This looks killer on paper.  On paper it looks like a better built 800 with more user profiles, two coils and a spare, field replaceable battery and some other nice touches - for less money.

If I were just starting to do research and decision making now, and hadn't already bought the 800, this does, look, killer.

But, if were looking to buy, right now, didn't want to wait for a good sampling of field reports on performance with the Legend, I wouldn't feel bad just buying the Nox right now.  And I certainly have no regrets on having bought the Nox.  And this doesn't look likely to make me want to sell my Nox and switch.  But, if field reports are good come spring time, and I didn't already have a Nox and I was just getting into the market...  Eh...  Legend looks like a better value - if, performance is there.

- Dave

• Like 3