Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

5 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

This is true. At the price it’s not really that big of a gamble. I’m sure it’s not going to be garbage. The performance may be more varied and nuanced than many of us are thinking as well. There may be things it can edge the equinox out on and there may be things the equinox is better at. Any advantage anywhere in this hobby is hard fought and often expensive. An arsenal full of the best is the only way to ensure you have all the advantages. 

Agreed. I have a low inventory , as in one ! Gone through 2 800s. Nuances could be something to get used to. 0-60 numbers could be good , idk. But it seems all the sound options will be good. Not sure about the size of the numbers on the screen as someone else mentioned. 

I think I'd like the 60 number scale, depending on the execution of it.  It remains to be seen how it works. 

Currently, using my Equinox 800, I find numbers higher than 30 (US quarter) are not really useful and are definitely not exciting.  I've yet to dig much good over 30 since I get 30+ numbers only occasionally on a larger object like soda can, or when iron target numbers "wrap around" or high tones bleed above 30.

It almost makes me think 30-40 could have been better used on the Nox to spread out coin responses or something more useful than it currently is.  Maybe NM will have made the entire TDI range feel more useful in giving targets a more unique ID?  I look forward to how they approach this issue. :biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Calmark said:

I think I'd like the 60 number scale, depending on the execution of it.  It remains to be seen how it works. 

Currently, using my Equinox 800, I find numbers higher than 30 (US quarter) are not really useful and are definitely not exciting.  I've yet to dig much good over 30 since I get 30+ numbers only occasionally on a larger object like soda can, or when iron target numbers "wrap around" or high tones bleed above 30.

It almost makes me think 30-40 could have been better used on the Nox to spread out coin responses or something more useful than it currently is.  Maybe NM will have made the entire TDI range feel more useful in giving targets a more unique ID?  I look forward to how they approach this issue. :biggrin:

This makes a lot of sense. 👍 I'm curious about that as well, because anything above 34 is gonna be huge iron or steel in my area. The one solid 34 I ever got was a good one, a Walker Half. I had just found two other silver quarters and the half blew me away🤯 I knew what I had. If they manage to shuffle things a bit it would be very interesting.

• Like 1

I wonder if we will see as many spin offs and variations of multifrequency machines from NM as we have single frequency machines. I’d imagine they’d want to set their sights on the space between Simplex and Legend to better target Vanquish maybe. Simplex Multi anyone? 

• Like 1

Based on the overall satisfaction with and performance of my Anfibio Multi, I got on a Dealer's pre-order list today for a Pro Pack unit. I'm ready to try & see instead of wait & see.

• Like 3

Does anyone know what the iron range will be? 1-10 or 1-20, or slightly different depending on the mode as per Impact. 

49 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I wonder if we will see as many spin offs and variations of multifrequency machines from NM as we have single frequency machines. I’d imagine they’d want to set their sights on the space between Simplex and Legend to better target Vanquish maybe. Simplex Multi anyone? 

Great point!

I could definitely see that happening. A "stunted" SMF Simplex could be a great seller. It'll be like the love-child of the Vanquish and the Simplex.

The only hesitation I can see is N/M finding the right balance so this machine doesn't cannibalize too many Legend and Simplex sales. Or maybe they'll just drop the single frequency Simplex altogether and replace it with a SMF version (that's more limited than the Legend, of course).

I'm sorry, guys, this one doesn't do it for me. It just looks like a knock off with a few bell and whistles that I don't need. It's heavier than the Nox right out of the box and frankly just seems like they're a little desperate with their comical commercial. And why make your product look like another companies product. Why not make something unique to your brand? Take a page from XP's playbook. Even if it manages to blow away the Nox in performance, which I doubt, I just don't get the warm fuzzies from it. I hope it's a killer machine and everybody gets one, but I'll just happily plod along with my dinosaur and maybe get a few smokin' deals on some used Noxes. 😎

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

just seems like they're a little desperate with their comical commercial.

You didn't watch Garrett's "commercial" with the Apex, did you? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

You didn't watch Garrett's "commercial" with the Apex, did you? 

The Vanquish ones are pretty cheesy and lame too.  They seem to like taking subtle and not so subtle jabs at each other. But how interesting or what class of actors would one expect for something like metal detectors? I mean it is almost on par with Law and Order or CSI level of acting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2