Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

I have never been one to be an early adopter of anything untested! But the fact that Delik, and NoMak actually listened to what people want, is a "big" plus for me! So I am already on a pre-order list, as of today! No real downside here, as I have a few very nice detectors and coils, that I can sell, and was planning too next year anyway!

I'm very hopeful that NM did a bang-up job on the Legend! So I am stepping up early this time!!🍀👍👍

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, nickeldNdimed said:

Because they can get away with it and it works?  They will still get tons of sales. Why does a Hyundai look like a slanted Honda H emblem?  

That's my point. I've just never been a fan of copy cat products. But I do think we're going to see some amazing technological advancements as the competition heats up and I wish all the players involved well, because the consumers will be the winners in the long run.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

The great thing is that the good folks at NM listen and have been generous in coil production and there's some nice after market coils as well.  Knowing NM they probably didn't lock down their SMF coils...hopefully.

Agree, hopefully not.  I am used to ML being locked down, as well as XP's lack of variety. But the variety of coils described by Dilek, basically small, medium, and large round coils, was really disappointing from a Nokta perspective.  Wonder if SMF is somehow limiting/challenging to them from a coil technology perspective.  Elliptical coils represent the greatest balance between weight, depth, and swing coverage, so I was surprised there was not at least one elliptical offering of any size out of the box, especially since Nokta themselves typically provide just such an option for the Simplex, without even having to rely on a third party coil manufacturer. 

I basically find the use cases that call solely for a hockey puck style (i.e, 6-inch or less) round coil to be less than 1% of most non-prospecting situations.  If you need to maneuver around playground equipment, vegetation, and curb strips or even amongst machine-gun density junk patches, simply having a narrow (<6-inch-wide) elliptical coil (that gives you room to swing side-to-side) usually fits the bill and then allows for decent swing coverage and passable depth when you are out of the tight spots without wasting time to tip-toeing around or swapping coils to ensure swing coverage for the rest of the site.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So did Minelab with the CTX 3030, but it's an all to rare feature. Still none with an audio alarm setting to tell me it’s time to quit. 🙂

Its never time to quit . Or so the younger me says !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

It's discussed in the video so take the time to watch it.  Basically, it uses the standard Nokta custom watertight headphone connector that is compatible with Nokta branded waterproof phones.  Alternatively, there is an adapter cable available that enables you to connect phones with a standard phone plug but the cable is not submersible at the point where the phone jack is located.  So in that configuration you can submerge the detector but the phone jack end of the adapter cable needs to stay above the water line.

Thanks Chase, I did watch one video hoping to see something about that, might have been a different vid? Anyway, good to know, thanks again for confirming.

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Why not make something unique to your brand?

Nothing wrong with that. But form does tend to follow function, and designs tend to converge as they optimize. Cell phones all are kind of the same for this reason. Plus, some standardization of control symbols helps everyone. There is no glory in making things harder for new users just to be different.

I’m not trying to argue by the way, just offering some different perspective. :smile:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

.. so I want to see the audio options in the manual, and hear the sound on a video more than anything else.

I emailed Dilek a couple of weeks ago, offering to help edit (gratis) the English language version of the User Manual,

which I've done for several of their other detectors (Impact, Kruzer, Racer 2).  She hasn't replied, so they apparently have all the English language editing they want already.  (Or else she's so busy she can't get to all her email.)

I'm still hoping I'll get to see a draft of the manual soon, but if so, I'll likely be under nondisclosure limitations.

However, if I'm able and allowed to disclose, I will.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TallTom said:

I emailed Dilek a couple of weeks ago, offering to help edit (gratis) the English language version of the User Manual,

which I've done for several of their other detectors (Impact, Kruzer, Racer 2).  She hasn't replied, so they apparently have all the English language editing they want already.  (Or else she's so busy she can't get to all her email.)

I'm still hoping I'll get to see a draft of the manual soon, but if so, I'll likely be under nondisclosure limitations.

However, if I'm able and allowed to disclose, I will.

I’d expect a manual to be posted within days, but thanks.