Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

3 hours ago, TallTom said:

I emailed Dilek a couple of weeks ago, offering to help edit (gratis) the English language version of the User Manual,

which I've done for several of their other detectors (Impact, Kruzer, Racer 2).  She hasn't replied, so they apparently have all the English language editing they want already.  (Or else she's so busy she can't get to all her email.)

I'm still hoping I'll get to see a draft of the manual soon, but if so, I'll likely be under nondisclosure limitations.

However, if I'm able and allowed to disclose, I will.

She said in the video Q&A the manual is expected to be released around the week after next for download, so it sounds like it's already done.

4 hours ago, highsurf said:

Thanks Chase, I did watch one video hoping to see something about that, might have been a different vid? Anyway, good to know, thanks again for confirming.

You're welcome..  It was during the Q&A portion of the live stream, near the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If so Nox is non-ferrous 1-40 and Legend 11-60, 40 vs 50. Interesting since so many prior NM machines use 1-99 scale, that they have opted for smaller range with this machine.

I found that curious as well.  Perhaps, similar to ML, opting for TID stability vs. precision, which was a knock against the Simplex, which tended to have jumpy TIDs.

• Like 1

For those who are unaware and care ! Tomorrow , Sunday the 21st : Dilek will be live on Treasure Talk , both FB & YouTube. They will be giving away this new machine ! You gotta be a member and sign up though , follow all the instructions and rules. I been a member from early on and actually won a detector ! They usually have some great guests on. You can actually ask some questions live , and I have a few. Sometimes they have some technical problems that can drag the show down , but are getting better at fixing. Overall it's informative and I like it. Look it up & sign up. Good Luck !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Already having an Equinox 800, I didn’t really see anything that called out to me telling me I have to own it just yet until I see some performance tests. That’s what truly matters. You can pile on the features till the cows come home, but I want to see what kind of house they are built on and how it all stacks up. Close won’t be good enough either. It’ll have to match or exceed. As has been pointed out, that’s a tall order, and I didn’t see any specific performance claims of superiority being made at all (other than possibly it’s way of handling some bottle caps). Usually when you have that, it leaks out by this stage, and Nomad testers have  definitely not been an exception to that. Just the opposite. So it’s a wait and see.

Agreed, i will just keep my nox… more interested in the deus 2 atthis point.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fskafish said:

Agreed, i will just keep my nox… more interested in the deus 2 atthis point.

Plus 2.  I’m pretty happy with my nox.  The Legend looks like a nox clone with a few extra add ons.  If it’s performance in iron and trash laden sites is better than the nox I will definitely be more interested.  For now I’m still all in on the deus II even though it’s twice the price.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Calmark said:

Currently, using my Equinox 800, I find numbers higher than 30 (US quarter) are not really useful and are definitely not exciting.  I've yet to dig much good over 30 since I get 30+ numbers only occasionally on a larger object like soda can, or when iron target numbers "wrap around" or high tones bleed above 30.

It almost makes me think 30-40 could have been better used on the Nox to spread out coin responses or something more useful than it currently is.  Maybe NM will have made the entire TDI range feel more useful in giving targets a more unique ID?  I look forward to how they approach this issue. :biggrin:

Not everyone lives in America and cares where American coins end on the ID scale.  We have 925 Silver Half Crowns that ID at 33, 34 and 925 Silver Florins that ID at 31/32, they're some of our best coins to find.   The UK have the same coins, the Aussies where Minelab is from funny enough also have large 925 Silver coins that are up in the 30's. 

One of these silver Half Crowns was wrapping around on my Gold Bug Pro and often detecting as iron.  I had to do an internal POT adjustment on the detector to allow it to detect the coin at ID 99 rather than iron.  Fisher didn't take into consideration these large silver coins I guess, although my second Gold Bug Pro detected it as 99 out of the box, so perhaps a slight tuning problem.  I had to turn the POT the smallest little amount, barely move it at all for it to come right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, highsurf said:

Would anyone like to comment on the possibility of using underwater headphones with the Nokta Legend? I didn't see any mention of a headphone jack in the specs..?

Thanks,

Rick

She did mention it in the broadcast.  Something to the effect of, "You'll have to use wired headphones for diving as wireless doesn't work well underwater".

Walt

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

At this price maybe Tom will give it a try to try and spank  those  that have the Nox in his area.

Doubtful, he just finally bought a french poodle, it's what, ten+ years old now 🙂  It's as old as my F75 🙂

We shall see, he'll definitely get a chance to see one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Agree, hopefully not.  I am used to ML being locked down, as well as XP's lack of variety. But the variety of coils described by Dilek, basically small, medium, and large round coils, was really disappointing from a Nokta perspective.  Wonder if SMF is somehow limiting/challenging to them from a coil technology perspective.  Elliptical coils represent the greatest balance between weight, depth, and swing coverage, so I was surprised there was not at least one elliptical offering of any size out of the box, especially since Nokta themselves typically provide just such an option for the Simplex, without even having to rely on a third party coil manufacturer. 

I basically find the use cases that call solely for a hockey puck style (i.e, 6-inch or less) round coil to be less than 1% of most non-prospecting situations.  If you need to maneuver around playground equipment, vegetation, and curb strips or even amongst machine-gun density junk patches, simply having a narrow (<6-inch-wide) elliptical coil (that gives you room to swing side-to-side) usually fits the bill and then allows for decent swing coverage and passable depth when you are out of the tight spots without wasting time to tip-toeing around or swapping coils to ensure swing coverage for the rest of the site.

I'd be surprised if NM didn't make a Elliptical coil like the CoilTek on the EQX, but they'll be smarter and make a closed loop design, so much better for nugget shooting and relic hunting if the coils a closed physical package design.

Things can get complex from a coil perspective once SMF gets into the picture.  Look at FTP they never could get a DD to work on the CZ, and then we have DD's only working on the EQX. 

• Like 1