Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

16 hours ago, Calmark said:

I think I'd like the 60 number scale, depending on the execution of it.  It remains to be seen how it works. 

Currently, using my Equinox 800, I find numbers higher than 30 (US quarter) are not really useful and are definitely not exciting.  I've yet to dig much good over 30 since I get 30+ numbers only occasionally on a larger object like soda can, or when iron target numbers "wrap around" or high tones bleed above 30.

It almost makes me think 30-40 could have been better used on the Nox to spread out coin responses or something more useful than it currently is.  Maybe NM will have made the entire TDI range feel more useful in giving targets a more unique ID?  I look forward to how they approach this issue. :biggrin:

I actually get pretty excited when I'm digging a relic site and get a TID in the 30's!!  Lot of super deep seated dimes have come in in the low 30's, deeper silver quarters, I dug a deep Morgan silver dollar last year at an old defunct train depot and it was mostly hitting 36, but bouncing between 36-39, but it sure sounded good (as does some deep junk haha).  Perhaps it depends on the types of sites, depth, type of soil, mineralization, etc.  Going from mostly 1-99

• Like 5

Yea, Coiltek were weird with that, I asked if they were considering a closed design, or even a closed skid plate for it and they're not.  Odd for a company that is focused on making gold prospecting coils. 

Hopefully Nokta do a solid 10x5" or 10x6" coil for the Legend as I'm not expecting aftermarket coils for it from Nel.

I'll buy a Legend as it's cheap enough to waste the money on if it all goes wrong.  I have no doubt its build quality will be good, but I don't care how good the build is if the detector performance isn't what I want.  I'd rather a lesser build quality and more performance.  Ideally good build quality and performance, if they have done that I'm happy.  If it forces ML to release their "fight back" sooner I'll be happy too.  Now all the main detector manufacturers have a full real multi frequency machine on the market so we as users are in a pretty good place and I can't wait to see the battle of the manufacturers and how this goes over the coming year or two.  Can someone dethrone Minelab, I hope so as it may force them to change the way they operate, start listening to customers and build better quality detectors, bring their ego back to earth.

So, I am hoping the Legend is a legend, I look forward to getting one, but I may have the get rid of my Simplex, too many detectors.  I hate getting rid of detectors and I have to have a very good reason to get rid of one.  The only one to go so far is my QED which I swapped at a complete bargain for the person for his old AT Gold to get rid of it, the Simplex is next on the cull I guess as I'll replace it with the Legend.

On paper I like everything about the Legend and it seems more my style detector than the Deus 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

"Now all the main detector manufacturers have a full real multi frequency machine on the market so we as users are in a pretty good place and I can't wait to see the battle of the manufacturers and how this goes over the coming year or two."

Are you including Fisher and the CX-21?  Did they come out with something I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Walt

2 minutes ago, Bohemia Miner said:

Are you including Fisher and the CX-21?  Did they come out with something I'm not aware of?

You consider them a main manufacturer? they haven't made something new in years, possibly decades!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

You consider them a main manufacturer? they haven't made something new in years, possibly decades!

No I don't.  I mean, they were when I started selling detectors back in 2005.

What I should have said was, "You're not including Fisher are you?"  😄

Thanks!

Walt

9 minutes ago, Bohemia Miner said:

What I should have said was, "You're not including Fisher are you?"  😄

That's the ticket.   No I wasn't including Fisher, I'd be more likely to include Rutus in the main detectors category than Fisher as they're actively developing and releasing new detectors, they just need to make their way into the international market and start finding dealers and service agents in the US and other big markets to get the ball rolling.  Nokta did that quickly, Rutus could too and they're very innovative and actively working on and improving technology.

Sure Fisher took on someones project to try bring something to market, overall its not been successful so far and too much of a niche product to bring them back into the game.

Nokta is a role model for these other smaller manufacturers on how to come out fighting and bring products to market to complete and excel over the old boys.  

2 hours ago, Bohemia Miner said:

She did mention it in the broadcast.  Something to the effect of, "You'll have to use wired headphones for diving as wireless doesn't work well underwater".

Walt

They will also be offering

OPTIONAL

Waterproof DD Search Coil & Cover 35 X 31.5cm/ 13.5'' x 12.5'' (LG35)

Waterproof Replaceable Spare Battery & Charger

Waterproof Headphones

Comfortable design for land and underwater use.

6.3mm (1/4'') Headphone Adapter

Connect any wired HPs to The Legend easily.

Nokta Makro Koss Headphones with Waterproof Connector 

Ideal for those users who prefer wired headphones. Allows the user to submerge the whole detector in water for shallow underwater hunting. (The headphones are not waterproof)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Plus 2.  I’m pretty happy with my nox.  The Legend looks like a nox clone with a few extra add ons.  If it’s performance in iron and trash laden sites is better than the nox I will definitely be more interested.  For now I’m still all in on the deus II even though it’s twice the price.  

I fully agree with that , Legend looks like a nox clone , except for the telescopic shaft . Then I am on the Deus2 too , as I have been using XP detectors since a few years now 🙂 and always happy with them , starting with the Goldmaxx in 2007 👍 ...

This even I would have preferred a Lite version instead of the "full" version because I dont really need the Deus2 control box... 

• Like 1

What is tempting to me is user definable # of tones and audio control, EMI control (something the Kruzer gets hit bad by) and 3 salt modes.

Think they are the first with the 3 salt mode ranges for gb? One reason I still favor my Seahunter with large coil is because ib machines typically have a drastic change in ground balaning when going from dry sand, wet sand and surf. Was one of my gripes with the Apex on one the posts little while ago and when I use the Kruzer i just manually gb the machine. Was never a fan of the beach mode on the kruzer. Multi Salt on the Apex is excellent in wet sand.

We will see when it's in action. Looks like a very sturdy machine, well built and menus well thought out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I actually get pretty excited when I'm digging a relic site and get a TID in the 30's!!  Lot of super deep seated dimes have come in in the low 30's, deeper silver quarters, I dug a deep Morgan silver dollar last year at an old defunct train depot and it was mostly hitting 36, but bouncing between 36-39, but it sure sounded good (as does some deep junk haha).  Perhaps it depends on the types of sites, depth, type of soil, mineralization, etc.  Going from mostly 1-99

Same here Cal, deeper fringe targets hit in the mid to upper 30's in my soil, I always chase those guys and have been rewarded time after time.

• Like 2