Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

Well, as per usual it looks like NZ and Australia will pay more for the Legend.   You can pick up a Nox 800 in OZ for $1095 AUD, the basic Legend package is the same price as a Nox 800, the Pro Pack more expensive by $250 AUD so enough to buy a Nox 800 with the extra 6" coil for the price of the Legend Pro Pack.  Nox ends up the better deal.

259433537_925446381742570_4022752175474003917_n.jpg.a99a29e1a055f4c01b7c323c0050e873.jpg

So I guess the more for less with Nokta is more as in a flashlight and vibration, there is no less about it,  it's certainly not cheaper, not even remotely.  Nox 600 blows it away for pricing at as low as $799 AUD, $300 Australian dollars cheaper than the basic Nokta Legend package.

I'm expecting the pricing to be worse for NZ.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Sorry to hear that Simon!😵

I would shoot Delik an email or PM, and make sure she is aware of this, as they should be able to make some adjustments for the dealers there!! If they are going to compete in ML's back yard, they need to make it equitable! 🤞👍👍 KFC🍗

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

Equinox 800 RRP here is $1299. The $1050 pricing is heavily discounted.

https://www.ja-gps.com.au/Minelab/equinox-800/

Even includes free shipping.

https://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-equinox-800-metal-detector

The current Equinox pricings in France :

- Eq 800 :  999euros
- Eq 600 incl ML80 wireless headphones : 728euros

Then the Legend ( 749euros  ) and Eq600 pricings are almost the same over here ..

https://www.lefouilleur.fr/fr/77-detecteurs-minelab

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kac said:

What is tempting to me is user definable # of tones and audio control, EMI control (something the Kruzer gets hit bad by) and 3 salt modes.

Think they are the first with the 3 salt mode ranges for gb? One reason I still favor my Seahunter with large coil is because ib machines typically have a drastic change in ground balaning when going from dry sand, wet sand and surf. Was one of my gripes with the Apex on one the posts little while ago and when I use the Kruzer i just manually gb the machine. Was never a fan of the beach mode on the kruzer. Multi Salt on the Apex is excellent in wet sand.

We will see when it's in action. Looks like a very sturdy machine, well built and menus well thought out.

Ken, Can't confirm this without the manual or further clarification from NM, but I am pretty sure it does not have 3 "salt" mode ranges for ground balance. Dilek was not entirely clear on her live launch presentation but Legend  appears to basically enable you to select from one of 2 SMF signal processing profiles when in beach mode - wet or dry .  This is similar to Equinox in that regard.  Basically, one more Multi Salt mode than Apex. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Just think of the price the used ones will be when the Equinox turns out to be better. 😁

And what if the reverse is true?

You just never know.  

• Like 6

I wonder how many countries you actually get more for less, its looking to be very similar priced to the Nox everywhere except the USA.

Even in the UK the price for the Nox 600 is 679 pounds with free wireless ML80 headphones.  I didn't look at multiple dealers as the first one I checked gave enough information.

https://www.crawfordsmd.com/minelab-equinox-600?search=equinox 600

The price guide for the Legend standard pack is surprise surprise 679 pounds.

It seems only the US gets the cheap pricing from my research so far, lucky buggers.... maybe it's the market they're chasing the most 🙂  In other countries dealers are going to have to put it on sale straight away to beat Nox pricing, and that's if dealers don't put the Nox's on sale too to combat it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I wonder how many countries you actually get more for less, its looking to be very similar priced to the Nox everywhere except the USA.

Even in the UK the price for the Nox 600 is 679 pounds with free wireless ML80 headphones.  I didn't look at multiple dealers as the first one I checked gave enough information.

https://www.crawfordsmd.com/minelab-equinox-600?search=equinox 600

The price guide for the Legend standard pack is surprise surprise 679 pounds.

It seems only the US gets the cheap pricing from my research so far, lucky buggers.... maybe it's the market they're chasing the most 🙂  In other countries dealers are going to have to put it on sale straight away to beat Nox pricing, and that's if dealers don't put the Nox's on sale too to combat it

in Spain I just saw it at 749 euros

• Like 1