Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I know, I don't get into price wars, as there's no end. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

I know, I don't get into price wars, as there's no end. 

Yup, I think most regular buyers of stuff know service outweighs price, especially when the price difference is pretty small.   There is a dealer here that's slightly cheaper than my preferred dealer, I still shop at my preferred dealer as his service is outstanding, as is yours from my experience in the few times I've bought stuff from your shop.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I wonder how many countries you actually get more for less, its looking to be very similar priced to the Nox everywhere except the USA.

Even in the UK the price for the Nox 600 is 679 pounds with free wireless ML80 headphones.  I didn't look at multiple dealers as the first one I checked gave enough information.

https://www.crawfordsmd.com/minelab-equinox-600?search=equinox 600

The price guide for the Legend standard pack is surprise surprise 679 pounds.

It seems only the US gets the cheap pricing from my research so far, lucky buggers.... maybe it's the market they're chasing the most 🙂  In other countries dealers are going to have to put it on sale straight away to beat Nox pricing, and that's if dealers don't put the Nox's on sale too to combat it.

Think part of it is lack of tarrifs, or very low custom and duty fees due to foreign trade deals with those having favorable country status.  

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 4:39 PM, palzynski said:

I fully agree with that , Legend looks like a nox clone , except for the telescopic shaft . Then I am on the Deus2 too , as I have been using XP detectors since a few years now 🙂 and always happy with them , starting with the Goldmaxx in 2007 👍 ...

This even I would have preferred a Lite version instead of the "full" version because I dont really need the Deus2 control box... 

…and not just a Nox clone either. They’ve even borrowed from the FBS line with a graphic on Fe:Co. This was a missed opportunity for Minelab to have omitted, or not have carried over such a feature. Ferrocheck is really the most attractive feature of the Legend in my view. It’s creating quite a buzz in threads all over. If it proves a successful unit, that feature is going to be very popular on it. 

• Like 4

Despite all of this, isn't it brilliant there are now going to be a range of multi frequency machines from various brands competing against each other, it's fantastic we aren't going to be limited to one brand and even if you don't intend to get any of the new ones it still benefits you as it encourages competition and may just hurry your preferred detector up to getting a new model, or even make them think again about their build quality.

Nokta may have duplicated many features of the Nox, but they've also added their own touches like their torch and vibration, not to mention their enhanced build quality... name the last time you heard someone complain about a drowned Simplex or coil ears snapping off their Anfibio.  Sure the detectors are NOWHERE near as popular meaning there are far fewer of them out there... that means less breakages and drownings but the numbers are high enough we'd hear of coil ears breaking by now.  The Simplex not being an ideal salt water detector probably doesn't spend much time in the water, fresh water hunters may use it but I'd imagine a large percentage of them are swinging something else.

The more popular a detector is the more likely you'll see failures, that's pretty obvious.

I think the Ferrocheck is a good idea, if it works as well as they say it sounds like a good idea although it reminds me a bit of the Fe304 meter on the Gold Bug Pro and other First Texas detectors.

Gold-Bug-Pro-faceplate.jpg.80b3e315c8635ec2a510043238ebb054.jpg

Seems to do a similar thing unless I'm misunderstanding it?  You get your target ID and check the Fe304 meter to see the chances of it being iron.

Obviously the CTX and Etrac seem to have another version of it with their Target ID's.

I was reading Detect-ED's website with his information about the Legend where he pointed out Nokta testers are saying it's far better at identifying iron targets with ID's that suggest they're not iron.

ferrocheck.thumb.jpg.ce10e586cb8e740cc30bc6b8e5f55fa2.jpg

Either way, I'm pretty excited about the Legend, not so excited I'm going to rush in and order one, I told my dealer I'd be more interested in going in on his second batch after I've seen and read some user reviews rather than Nokta information as I don't trust marketing and don't need anymore detectors unless they genuinely add something I don't have already.

• Like 1

I have been very impressed with the simplex+ If the legend is comparable to the simplex+ I an definitely  a buyer.  I have put my simplex+ thru the mill over last year and it has come thru with flying colors. I have the 6x9 in coil for the simplex and the build quality is excellent. The simplex's operating system is a well designed and with the exception of a few quirks is a pleasure to use. I look forward to trying out the legend.

And now We finally have a alternative to the Noxs, which I, unlike many who post here was not that impressed with it after using and hearing about the Nox's issues.   The legend 's very affordable price also makes it A very attractive alternative to the Nox, which I think is  over priced for what you get in my opinion  M

• Like 1

I like this feature. I hope it works great. I'm going to get this detector when smaller coils are available. I would like an 8" or 9" round coil and a 5x9.5 elliptical coil.

Legend.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

I like this feature. I hope it works great. I'm going to get this detector when smaller coils are available. I would like an 8" or 9" round coil and a 5x9.5 elliptical coil.

Legend.jpg

Dilek said she is pushing for the 5X9.5 coil because it has been the best selling coil they make.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 2:59 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Ken, Can't confirm this without the manual or further clarification from NM, but I am pretty sure it does not have 3 "salt" mode ranges for ground balance. Dilek was not entirely clear on her live launch presentation but Legend  appears to basically enable you to select from one of 2 SMF signal processing profiles when in beach mode - wet or dry .  This is similar to Equinox in that regard.  Basically, one more Multi Salt mode than Apex. 

I believe Dilek mentioned 2 for Beach mode in the Launch video.

Walt

On 11/19/2021 at 12:46 PM, abenson said:

Nokta Makro probably just obsoleted all their other detectors with the Legend. I can see owning a Simplex at $254 but why would you buy an Anfibio $765 or Kruzer at $635 when you probably have all the features of those 2 packed into the Legend Pro and then some at $765. I had a multi Kruzer and only ever used 3 and 4 tone modes. 

I received this a few days ago from my Distributor:

KRUZER & MULTI KRUZER WILL COME TO END OF LIFE AS OF DECEMBER 31st! GOLD KRUZER WILL STAY IN THE LINE UP!!!

ANFIBIO 14 AND 19 WILL ALSO BE DISCONTINUED AS OF DECEMBER 31st BUT ANFIBIO MULTI WILL STAY IN THE PRODUCT LINE-UP.

Thanks!

Walt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1