Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

I'm planning on using the Legend with a T2/F75 style shaft.

• Like 1

I think this detector will surprise a lot of people, hopefully in the right direction (which I suspect it will). 

The MMK is a fine machine, great relic hunter in iron infested sites, deep as anything out there, built like a tank (never heard of one leaking or a coil ear breaking on one!), pretty light, and their S-rod configuration offers nice ergos to boot!! 

If their confident that the Legend will replace the MMK, that's a high bar IMHO.  A few years ago on our way back from a relic hunting trip,  after a central California coastal erosion event Tom_in_CA and I hit the beach and the Racer2 (latest and greatest from them at the time) was holding it's own on a salt water beach, we were impressed with it.  Had to slow down, but it was doing a good job, so their SMF should be a great salt water beach machine too!!

I've had great success with the Nok/Mak machines for relic and water hunting starting with the original red Racer, then the Racer 2, then the Impact, and lastly the Makro Multi Kruzer (love this detector).  If their SMF can best these, it'll be a great detector 👍

• Like 8

Looks like they didn't proof read it.

fault.jpg.39f2de817893a4a5089756f22216a3ae.jpg

• Like 3

I've been pondering the Legend, and Nokta's foray into the SMF arena.     The school of hard knocks taught me that they only way to really know if a machine works for you, is to test it at the kind of sites you like hunting, in the environs that you focus on.

Once I started using Racers/Impact/MMK at my sites, my finds sky rocketed!!  Even my hunt partner took notice, and believe me he tends to be a massive kill-joy when it comes to better mouse traps.  Anyhow, why am I bringing this up?   Well one thing that I loved about the Racers/Impact/MMK was that they were killer for ME at MY sites for relic hunting.  Deep, great in iron, and time and time again they delivered the goods.  They turned out to be fantastic relic hunters, so I have to wonder how much of that relic hunting DNA made it's way into the Legend?  If they combined the ability of the Impact to pick high conductor coins out of trash along with SMF to help balance out the ground noise, it could be a serious contender. 

What's impressed me the most from my Nokta/Makro experiences is that from my perspective, they significantly over deliver on value, performing at a level much higher then their entry point might suggest.  I got lit up on a forum once for saying that a MMK was just as good as a XP Dues in iron.  Prove it wrong 🤠 

• Like 4

I have pretty much the same line of thinking as Cal_Cobra based on my experience with the Anfibio Multi. I expect the Legend to build on and extend that high performance DNA and add some new refinements. The audio already shows that progress to me.

• Like 2

If their goal was to be better than the competition, I would have expected it to be water-proof to 16' like the Kruzer and Amfibio.  Just saying!

Thanks!

Walt

On 12/2/2021 at 12:07 AM, Tahts-a-dats-ago said:

Does the Legend have either iron volume (like the multi Kruzer) or notch volume (like the Anfibio multi)? 

I haven't seen either mentioned (regarding the Legend) but would be surprised if notch volume isn't a feature on the Legend.

You can adjust tone volume and tone pitch for each target region.

• Like 5

I'm glad to see Our new member and look forward to future posts by another knowledgeable member of NoktaMakro.

I hope the Users Manual is released soon. I have been wondering about all the little details that have made my Anfibio so versatile. ISAT adjustment? VCO audio option? Ferrous range of ID scale?

• Like 1