Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

What that says to me is the Multi Frequency technology Nokta have must be decent, they're getting rid of their other detectors because of it.  As we all predicted having multi frequency will make their single frequency detectors obsolete, funny that isn't it? 🙂

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

What that says to me is the Multi Frequency technology Nokta have must be decent, they're getting rid of their other detectors because of it.  As we all predicted having multi frequency will make their single frequency detectors obsolete, funny that isn't it? 🙂

I don't own any single frequency detectors anymore. The deus is all I have at the moment til the 2 comes out. So yeah I believe ML was right and I hope Nokta Makro hit a home run with this. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 10:27 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

I'm sorry, guys, this one doesn't do it for me. It just looks like a knock off with a few bell and whistles that I don't need. It's heavier than the Nox right out of the box and frankly just seems like they're a little desperate with their comical commercial. And why make your product look like another companies product. Why not make something unique to your brand? Take a page from XP's playbook. Even if it manages to blow away the Nox in performance, which I doubt, I just don't get the warm fuzzies from it. I hope it's a killer machine and everybody gets one, but I'll just happily plod along with my dinosaur and maybe get a few smokin' deals on some used Noxes. 😎

Nox stole their design from Quest. Of that style detector, Quest has the best ergonomics of them all.

• Like 1

It's easy to get lost in the conversation.  🙂

If Nokta are discontinuing detectors around the same time as the Legend release, that must be because they think those products will no longer be viable to sell, not enough buyers.  This is a massive positive for the Legend as they're confident in the product's performance.  I'm starting to have remorse for telling my dealer I'll wait for his second batch whenever that maybe.  If it turns out good I may have to wait months while everyone else is having all the fun, I just didn't need another detector!

If Dilek reads this I have one question that will be my decision maker.... Have Nokta done anything to prevent companies like Nel and Detech from making coils for the Legend?   Something weird happened with Nel and the Simplex.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you guys want to have a debate about who stole what from who, or contrast brands, take it over to the appropriate forum. I promise I will delete any more posts here that are about anything other than Nokta/Makro products. So just expect it when it happens. Same goes for the other brand specific forums, all of which are for fans/supporters of each brand. The Detector Advice & Comparisons Forum is brand agnostic, and there specifically to keep brand comparisons off the brand specific forums. I'm serious about this as I have seen brand wars/flaming ruin other forums, and frankly you don't drop into a Ford Forum to talk crap about Ford. It's simply not polite, and I like polite people. :smile:

As they say in law enforcement, “thank you for your cooperation” 

I for one have no intention of debating anyone. I apologize to all parties if my post of Nov. 19th offended anyone. I was going through some stuff and I'm sure it colored my posts around that time. I am better now and hopefully back to normal and I am going to keep an open mind about the Legend and everything else that comes along. Whether I buy it or not, I hope it does well as more good detectors being offered to the hobby is a good thing for all involved. 😎

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I for one have no intention of debating anyone. I apologize to all parties if my post of Nov. 19th offended anyone. I was going through some stuff and I'm sure it colored my posts around that time. I am better now and hopefully back to normal and I am going to keep an open mind about the Legend and everything else that comes along. Whether I buy it or not, I hope it does well as more good detectors being offered to the hobby is a good thing for all involved. 😎

I’m glad things are looking up. And it’s no big deal, just me being anal trying to keep walls around various forums and what they are intended for. :smile:

• Like 2

KRUZER & MULTI KRUZER WILL COME TO END OF LIFE AS OF DECEMBER 31st! GOLD KRUZER WILL STAY IN THE LINE UP!!!

ANFIBIO 14 AND 19 WILL ALSO BE DISCONTINUED AS OF DECEMBER 31st BUT ANFIBIO MULTI WILL STAY IN THE PRODUCT LINE-UP.

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yeah, kind of says it all, keep the dedicated specialty machine (Gold Kruzer), but weed out most of the rest, as Legend will consolidate the lineup. Too bad about the Kruzer S rods going away though, I wish Legend was on that rod instead, or even in the balanced Anfibio box. I’m not a fan of any of the cell phone on a stick designs as I think S rods better serve light detectors, and straight rods heavy detectors. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

KRUZER & MULTI KRUZER WILL COME TO END OF LIFE AS OF DECEMBER 31st! GOLD KRUZER WILL STAY IN THE LINE UP!!!

ANFIBIO 14 AND 19 WILL ALSO BE DISCONTINUED AS OF DECEMBER 31st BUT ANFIBIO MULTI WILL STAY IN THE PRODUCT LINE-UP.

Yeah, kind of says it all, keep the dedicated specialty machine (Gold Kruzer), but weed out most of the rest, as Legend will consolidate the lineup. Too bad about the Kruzer S rods going away though, I wish Legend was on that rod instead, or even in the balanced Anfibio box. I’m not a fan of any of the cell phone on a stick designs as I think S rods better serve light detectors, and straight rods heavy detectors. 

I agree with Steve about the s-rod preference. I can say having modified my equinox to S-shaft which improved ergonomics, There’s a good possibility I would eventually do the same on the Legend. It’s really not that tough of a modification to do.  

• Like 3