Nokta/Makro Legend Specs & First Photos

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So did Minelab with the CTX 3030 but it's an all to rare feature.

It is.  I like the elapsed time feature included on the Legend.  Can help with balancing site coverage, pacing, etc.

My only gripe on the Legend is I would have liked a small 10x5 elliptical coil option out of the box vice 6” round.  Not sure why they felt compelled to mimic Equinox in that regard.  Must have been what the surveys were telling them.

If performance is up to snuff, Legend appears to be a better value than the Equinox 600.   For one thing, wireless phones are included, extra SF compared to the 600, and full tone customizations vs. the 600.  Features wise, they leapfrogged Apex.  Though the shaft ergonomics of Apex is probably superior.

• Like 7

Well....I'm all over this like a hobo on a ham sandwich ! I believe this will outperform the Nox in virtually every category , especially on value. My only real concern is the balance and extension for a tall guy. About my only complaint is the name. Unless of course , it lives up to it. Now it's just a question of who I'm going to buy it from and how fast it gets in my hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest calabash digger

Cant wait! I have feeling someone on this forum has had their hands on one. No it is not me... but I got that feeling in my gut for some odd reason. I might be wrong though. Legend knocks the boys from down under off there perch... Time will tell.

I'd like to hear the audio on it, sounds like it has some really nice flexibility in that area. I would pass on a clock and have an old fashioned odometer 🙂

• Like 1

Already having an Equinox 800, I didn’t really see anything that called out to me telling me I have to own it just yet until I see some performance tests. That’s what truly matters. You can pile on the features till the cows come home, but I want to see what kind of house they are built on and how it all stacks up. Close won’t be good enough either. It’ll have to match or exceed. As has been pointed out, that’s a tall order, and I didn’t see any specific performance claims of superiority being made at all (other than possibly it’s way of handling some bottle caps). Usually when you have that, it leaks out by this stage, and Nomad testers have  definitely not been an exception to that. Just the opposite. So it’s a wait and see.

• Like 5

Would anyone like to comment on the possibility of using underwater headphones with the Nokta Legend? I didn't see any mention of a headphone jack in the specs..?

Thanks,

Rick

Just a note. Anyone worried about basic physical construction issues should know that Simplex was basically a test ground for the design of this detector. This is like Simplex version 2 hardware, with lessons learned there applied here. Like a carbon lower rod. :smile: So it’s not like this is an unvetted first gen hardware set. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kac said:

I'd like to hear the audio on it, sounds like it has some really nice flexibility in that area. I would pass on a clock and have an old fashioned odometer 🙂

It’s does have a time accumulated function, a first in a detector.

Frankly, for me it’s going to be all about the audio. I hunt by ear, I like full tones, and it’s the one area I’ve always thought NM could improve on. I’m sure it finds stuff, so I want to see the audio options in the manual, and hear the sound on a video more than anything else.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Already having an Equinox 800, I didn’t really see anything that called out to me telling me I have to own it just yet until I see some performance tests. That’s what truly matters. You can pile on the features till the cows come home, but I want to see what kind of house they are built on and how it all stacks up. Close won’t be good enough either. It’ll have to match or exceed. As has been pointed out, that’s a tall order, and I didn’t see any specific performance claims of superiority being made at all (other than possibly it’s way of handling some bottle caps). Usually when you have that, it leaks out by this stage, and Nomad testers have  definitely not been an exception to that. Just the opposite. So it’s a wait and see.

What kind of house it's built on ? Well I would say the coil ears serve as the foundation , literally. The footings aren't going to roll in an earthquake like the Nox does. And I'm pretty confident I can hold this puppy underwater without murdering it. That's just for starters. The list goes on...

• Like 2

I managed to catch bits of the presentation, I'm thinking what others have written here. I really don't see a huge advantage over the Equinox, going to all metal (or staying in it) solves much of the ferrous indication once you know the place you're hunting. For me it's going to be all about the tones, weight, how waterproof it is, and a 10x5. 🤞 Dilek did a great job presenting it. Funny I hit the presentation right at showing the modes, and then the price. 😀

• Like 1