Take My Money!!! XP Deus 2 The Perfect Balance

Kickindirt

Well don't know about you guys. Ive been a big fan of the deus from day one. SO im convinced take my money!!

XP Deus II the perfect balance

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Take My Money!!! XP Deus2 The Perfect Balance

I know what ya mean should feel nice in the hand for sure. Hit me up if ya decide to get the Deus2. Be glad to help ya out. 😇

• The title was changed to Take My Money!!! XP Deus 2 The Perfect Balance

A properly balanced detector hangs at a 45 degree if a rod is placed under the hand grip. In other words, exactly as it would hang when in use - anything else takes muscle power to compensate for. The Deus as a nose-heavy detector will roll forward and fall off unless pressure is applied to keep the nose up. It's only the weight being kept low overall that saves the day., but it will show up if you put the 13" coil on the machine.

• Like 2

The 9" Deus2 coil weights around 350g without CC . It is a very light coil then not much pressure to keep the nose up . May be different with the 11" which is a little heavier at around 400g without CC.  Weights to be confirmed as the Deus2 is not yet released to customers .

An 11" Eq coil weights 420g, a Vanquish V12 12X10 440g and a 11" Simplex 480g. 

• Like 2

Perfect balance.......definitely not.

I can accept the balance of the Deus 1 with a 9" round or 9.5 x 5" elliptical coil. I can swing that setup all day. Change to the 11" or 13X11" coil........been there and not doing that again. Very bad nose heavy feeling and wrist/forearm strain.

Which manufacturer makes the lightest coil in the 9 to 11" size is fairly worthless information. How they feel on the detector is what matters.

Sure, the Nox is no better. I can swing the 11" Minelab coil with its slight nose heaviness and with Steve G's carbon fiber shaft for 4 to 6 hours, no problem. Using the Coiltek elliptical or the Minelab 6" coil, the Nox is fairly effortless to swing, much like the Deus 1. That doesn't mean either is perfectly balanced.

Similar to Steve H., I am very interested in the SMF XP Deus 2, especially if it can handle bad iron mineralization with reliable target IDs on deeper targets.

• Like 4

I would say it's more of great marketing strategy that has worked well for Xp since the start. For me the armcuff assembly could be just a bit longer from the handgrip to arm strap. I think that would help the balance feel a bit better with the big coils. No doubt is one of the best feeling lightweight machines with the 9" coils. I love the feel of the equinoxes with Steve's carbon fiber setup and nice armcuff and stand he sells. Even with the 11" coil makes it a great feeling machine to swing. Be interesting to see how the new Legend feels with the new 11" coil design. The simplex and 11" coil feels pretty heavy. Even the simplex with 9x5 coil for some reason even feels heavy. Even though I know it's not a heavy machine. To me it still feels heavier/more unbalanced to me. Hopefully Legend feels better. But that's just being nitpicky by me it's nothing that I would ever let be a deal breaker. Even with all those machines the lightweight of the deus still draws me to grab it first. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

I would say it's more of great marketing strategy that has worked well for Xp since the start. For me the armcuff assembly could be just a bit longer from the handgrip to arm strap.  ....

Agree the Deus armcuff is too close from the hangrip especially for tall persons ( like me )  .  I will tell this asap to my dealers in France so that they inform the XP guys ...

• Like 3