Take My Money!!! XP Deus 2 The Perfect Balance

Kickindirt

6 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Agree the Deus armcuff is too close from the hangrip especially for tall persons ( like me )  .  I will tell this asap to my dealers in France so that they inform the XP guys ...

Thanks man. There is a slight adjustment that allows ya to move the armcuff back a slight bit. Not quite enough for me. 👍👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kickindirt said:

The simplex and 11" coil feels pretty heavy. Even the simplex with 9x5 coil for some reason even feels heavy. 

The reason is simple , this is because of the control box . 

A Simplex control box weights around 300g and even if it is not at the bottom end of the detector , it is 300g more to sweep for the shoulder vs a Deus with the CB in the pocket ... 

The same with the Equinox , its pod ( handle+ CB ) weights 430g . The same with a Vanquish , pod + handle 400g , etc ...

Btw the Deus CB is very light ( 150g if I remember well ) , then it is still cumfortable to use even with the CB on the shaft . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

Thanks man. There is a slight adjustment that allows ya to move the armcuff back a slight bit. Not quite enough for me. 👍👍

I use the S telescopic Lite shaft , no adjustment at all for me ... 🤔

Canne S TELESCOPIC Lite | XP METAL DETECTORS

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, palzynski said:

The reason is simple , this is because of the control box . 

A Simplex control box weights around 300g and even if it is not at the bottom end of the detector , it is 300g more to sweep for your shoulder vs a Deus with the CB in the pocket ... 

The same with the Equinox , its pod ( handle+ CB ) weights 430g . The same with a Vanquish , pod + handle 400g , etc ...

Btw the Deus CB is very light ( 150g if I remember well ) , then it is still quite cumfortable to use with the CB on the shaft 

Makes sense. Funny how that small amount of weight will make a huge difference with longer swing times. Can swing the deus all day. Some other machines not so much. One thing for sure I would never tell my wife these reasons for the deus being a must have cause of the light weightlessness. She would think I'm getting wimpy ha ha ha.🤣🤣

• Haha 1

An update to my prev post , the Simplex+ control box weights exactly 376g ( and not 300 ), see pic below  . 

I suggest a very easy and interesting experience, sweep the Simplex :
1) with the CB on the shaft 
2) without the CB
( the Simplex CB is easy to remove from the shaft , a screw on the handle ) .

You will immediately see/feel a ( big ) difference ...   This helps to understand why the wireless XPs are so cumfortable to use ...

DSC02304.JPG

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

I hope the Legend can come off like that. If it can I'll hip mount it and use a carbon fiber shaft for water hunting.

This shaft is designed for the Equinox. The lower shaft on it is 3/8" dia. All it needs is an upper shaft and a handle attached. It will work. The upper handle I have is like the T2/F75. That will work so nice sweeping thru the water. 

Imagine this913776436_Shaft3.jpg.697daf2a54640957b43bdbc17e664b93.jpg sweeping thru the water.

• Like 3

There are two "balance points" to consider: the angle balance point, and the sweep balance point. The angle balance point is what most people are considering, and the ideal location is at the top of the handle. When you grab the handle the detector should have a rest position of about 45°.

The most perfect point for sweep balance is right where the elbow ends up. That's where most people pivot their swing. Any net weight forward of the elbow creates a moment of inertia that must be overcome by torque. Even a detector that has good angle balance but is heavy (like the CTX) still requires a lot of torque at the reversal of each sweep because there is considerable mass forward of the pivot point. A detector like the Deus has practically all its weight at the far end of the rod so it feels nose-heavy (poor angle balance) but still requires less torque (better sweep balance).

Showing a detector balanced on a pole halfway down the shaft says "poor angle balance" and suggests that the sweep balance may also be poor, unless the overall weight is exceptionally low. I suspect that an XP GoldMaxx with the box mounted under the elbow would have better angle balance and sweep balance than any of these newer models.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Geotech said:

There are two "balance points" to consider: the angle balance point, and the sweep balance point. The angle balance point is what most people are considering, and the ideal location is at the top of the handle. When you grab the handle the detector should have a rest position of about 45°.

The most perfect point for sweep balance is right where the elbow ends up. That's where most people pivot their swing. Any net weight forward of the elbow creates a moment of inertia that must be overcome by torque. Even a detector that has good angle balance but is heavy (like the CTX) still requires a lot of torque at the reversal of each sweep because there is considerable mass forward of the pivot point. A detector like the Deus has practically all its weight at the far end of the rod so it feels nose-heavy (poor angle balance) but still requires less torque (better sweep balance).

Showing a detector balanced on a pole halfway down the shaft says "poor angle balance" and suggests that the sweep balance may also be poor, unless the overall weight is exceptionally low. I suspect that an XP GoldMaxx with the box mounted under the elbow would have better angle balance and sweep balance than any of these newer models.

I still think the T2/F75 sets the standard there Carl. Just a shout out to the company you work at - thanks always for posting your thoughts. :smile:

The T2/F75 is one of the few detectors that really speced it out:

Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg) with alkaline batteries installed.

Mechanical: S-rod with electronics housing mounted on handgrip, 3-piece breakdown, batteries under elbow, 2-way armrest adjustment — forward/backward & around forearm.

Static Balance: force in vertical plane normal to elbow 0.47 pounds (0.22 kg).Varies with adjustment and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.

Dynamic Balance: axial moment, 0.29 foot-pounds (0.39 newton-meters). Varies with adjustment and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.

Sweep Effort: lateral moment 5.2 foot-pounds (7.1 newton-meters).

How difficult was it walking the line between superb ergonomics and weight vs. structural durability (on the T-2 and F-75)?

Lead Engineer Dave Johnson: "It took a lot of attention to detail. I was originally shooting for even lower weight. I’ve been studying the physiology of metal detector ergonomics for my whole career and on this product I had a blank check to get it right. There were things we had to do to get the ergonomics right that added weight. We were all betting that good ergonomics was more important than shaving every ounce, and the T2 and F75 proved us right. Nobody is saying we should have made it lighter."

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Geotech said:

.... I suspect that an XP GoldMaxx with the box mounted under the elbow would have better angle balance and sweep balance than any of these newer models....

Not for me anyway , I have used a goldmaxx for several years between 2007 and 2013 , and a Deus since 2013 to now . I could never come back to a Goldmaxx any more now , even with the box mounted under the elbow , or even hipmounted ...  A goldmaxx weights 1,5kg and the CB 580g if I remember well.

Btw I had during these 5 years mostly used the goldmaxx hipmounted ,with only the coil mounted on the shaft and a cable between the shaft and my belt . It was ok for field hunting , but very annoying and even dangerous in woods where the coil cable hangs on the branches . So when the Deus came it was exactly what I was looking for , a goldmaxx without cables ..  🙂 🙂.

Cumfortable to use detectors adresses a big market ; young people , women  , older guys like me  🙂 ...   If the wireless XPs were weighing 1,5kg I am not sure that the XP company would still exists ...

Concerning the T2 , I have used it during a few weeks for a testing session and I am a big fan of its audio, I prefer the T2 audio to the Deus actually .... I never understood why Teknetics had never updated this excellent machine with a modern thin CB design using a lithium battery , a telescopic shaft etc ... It would probably have been a best seller ... sounds like a mystery for me 

• Like 3