Minelab GPX 6000 17" Elliptical Searchcoil User Feedback?

Hello All,

The new Minelab 17" Elliptical Searchcoils for the Minelab GPX 6000 have been flying off the shelves, definitely high demand.   Due to the high demand, I haven't had much time to use one, everyone ends of taking mine ... LOL

I haven't seen much larger gold being found at depth yet, but I'm sure it is.  Curious how people and past customers are doing with this new 17" Searchcoil beyond covering more ground quicker?  

We still have a few left in stock from the last large shipment and more on the way if anyone is still searching for a new "Christmas present.!"  Hahaha 

Would love to see some pictures or at least hear about any success with the new searchcoil.  

Wishing you all much success on the goldfield.

17" Searchcoil available here - https://www.robsdetectors.com/minelab-gpx-6000-17-searchcoil/

Rob

• Like 4

A friend has owned one since August and he reckons it has almost the same sensitivity of the 11"! Goes noticeably deeper on bullet sized targets (or bigger)  than the 11" though. A couple YT test-patch videos show the 17" matches the 7000 using the standard 14" DOD on every target. An 18" round flat-wound coil should beat the 7000 theoretically. I expect that this size is one that Coiltek will be working on. When I pick up my 6000, a 17" ellip coil will be my next purchase.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hello All,

The new Minelab 17" Elliptical Searchcoils for the Minelab GPX 6000 have been flying off the shelves, definitely high demand.   Due to the high demand, I haven't had much time to use one, everyone ends of taking mine ... LOL

I haven't seen much larger gold being found at depth yet, but I'm sure it is.  Curious how people and past customers are doing with this new 17" Searchcoil beyond covering more ground quicker?  

We still have a few left in stock from the last large shipment and more on the way if anyone is still searching for a new "Christmas present.!"  Hahaha 

Would love to see some pictures or at least hear about any success with the new searchcoil.  

Wishing you all much success on the goldfield.

Rob

It's a great coil, Rob. Very similar to the 11 inch coil with respect to fast gold sensitivity, just covering more ground. I love it and use it a lot in open fields where I know the gold is shallow. It has a bit more depth than the 11 inch coil but definitely not a match to the 7k/NF12 in depth, at least not IMO and I have done several head to head comparisons (for whatever it's worth).

• Like 5

Good coil for ground coverage with the 6K, like the 11" is super sensitive to small "scraps" with  more depth. Unlike the 11" for this old codger, for comfort and long periods, I have found I need to use the hip stick thus for me the 11" is the 6K go to coil when I feel like going ":unattached". At this early stage I`m not convinced it has a depth advantage on say the GPZ 7000/18"X CC coil combo on say half gram and larger, I believe it does on smaller than half gram, time will tell.

• Like 3

I always use hipstick and even guide arm for the 17. But that's because I believe strict coil control is 90% of the game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Norvic said:

At this early stage I`m not convinced it has a depth advantage on say the GPZ 7000/18"X CC coil combo

I know direct comparisons are not worth much, but I still would love to see how the 6k/17, 7k/NF12 and the 7k/18 X CC would measure up. Half gram in undisturbed ground at depth would be perfect, with both the 6k and 7k run at max. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I know direct comparisons are not worth much, but I still would love to see how the 6k/17, 7k/NF12 and the 7k/18 X CC would measure up. Half gram in undisturbed ground at depth would be perfect, with both the 6k and 7k run at max. 

Direct comparisons are certainly not worth much, never yet done one , my opinions are based on going over ground that I consider was well done there the 6K I believe has the edge on "scraps" over the 7K mainly because of its better response thus ability to sniff out ahead of the 7K. 

Crikey GC your up late or is that early????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Crikey GC your up late or is that early

9.25 pm here (US PST). But late for me 🙂

• Haha 1

These guys have done numerous tests with the 6000 vs 7000 and the 17" mono etc. Dunno if this one has all of the info, you might have to look thru the other vids they have: 

• Like 4