Minelab GPX 6000 17" Elliptical Searchcoil User Feedback?

Hey Guys,

The new 17" is super popular and in high demand here in the US.  I just got another batch of them in, so if anyone is still wanting to get one before Christmas, contact me ASAP.  These will not last more than about a week or so and the batch will be gone.  

https://www.robsdetectors.com/minelab-gpx-6000-17-searchcoil/

Thanks for all the comments of guys/gals using them.  

ROb

On 11/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, Rob Allison said:

the GPX 6000 is super sensitive, light and easy to use.  However, I'm picking up much more ground noise, more EMI and twice as much hotrocks (mostly ironstones and basalts) vs. the GPZ 7000.  

I love both detectors, I'm very partial to the GPZ due to all the years I have used it and success with it.  The new NF coil really makes it much lighter and a bit more sensitive over the stock 14x13.  

I'm using the GPX 6000 for more prospecting and exploring due to the lightweight and increased sensitivity to small gold.  If I find a patch or rich gully, I can also pack in the GPZ to check out areas with more depth.  

Rob, agree with all these points, the 6000 is very effective, especially when you are dealing with ground that has been gone over time and time again. It's like when the 2300 came out all over again, just with deeper holes. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

That is a realistic test for me, I do believe the Z in General pulls away at depth on larger targets, but that is outside the scope of that test. good stuff 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MSC said:

This isn't a bad video comparing the 6,7 and 2300. 

Used Minelab recommended quick start settings only for all three detectors which hampers the GPX 6000 the most in my opinion since Auto1/Difficult is very tame compared to High Yield on the GPZ.

To go through all that work to setup the testing and just run default settings………seems like a bit of a waste of three great detectors.

• Like 3

I find it quite funny what he calls a faint signal you'd barely hear.  Lucky Aussie used to hunting bigger gold I guess after all he was testing some "very small" 1 gram gold pieces 🙂 A faint signal that you'd probably miss to him stood out like dogs nuts to me.  I could understand when he was using the 6000 as you've got to notice the signal among the orchestra of other sounds but on the 7000 it was a different story.  It was quite a good video though and they clearly put a lot of effort into doing it. 

I agree a bit with Jeff, if it were me I'd be tuning each of the detectors to the best they can perform in that situation, after all that's what you'd do in the real world.  If one performs much better than the others because its settings allow it to do so in those particular conditions then so be it, it wins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Would`ve been lovely to see a comparison with the 19 on the Z, and for us X coil enthusiasts the 18XCC, or that monster JR has.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

I find it quite funny what he calls a faint signal you'd barely hear.  Lucky Aussie used to hunting bigger gold I guess after all he was testing some "very small" 1 gram gold piece

Oie, Phrunt, I don`t know where you got this idea about OZ detector operators but it aint so for this old codger, I suspect tis just a myth spread by those who have no idea, bread and butter gold for me is all below a gram, well below and all the operators I know. I believe if you go across the ditch into that other paddock you`ll find some biguns.....

• Like 1

I agree that a fair comparison should include settings. Hard to think this guy operates metal detectors a lot otherwise he would know that and do that. A 19 inch would have been an interesting test.