Last Of Rye Patch Nv For 2021 And What We Learned

Glad to hear that you had fun out there with some nice rewards.

I hope to join you guys out there in the near future and get some real understanding of what I am doing with my 800. I am hoping that this next year will be a little less work and more time to have some fun.

Thanks for sharing the time, the fun, and the pictures with us.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

Hey awesome finds and all!

Curious: the crystals you guys are finding, are these popping out when your digging targets or are they opportunity finds while you’re detecting along in the float? I read in a post a while back about coming across rock hounds who are actually digging for crystals, so having not been the RP myself, is the bedrock pretty shallow in the flats to be finding veins that are popping out crystals or are they digging closer to the hills where there are more outcrops?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Last Of Rye Patch Nv For 2021 And What We Learned
On 11/20/2021 at 11:27 AM, nebulanoodle said:

Hey awesome finds and all!

Curious: the crystals you guys are finding, are these popping out when your digging targets or are they opportunity finds while you’re detecting along in the float? I read in a post a while back about coming across rock hounds who are actually digging for crystals, so having not been the RP myself, is the bedrock pretty shallow in the flats to be finding veins that are popping out crystals or are they digging closer to the hills where there are more outcrops?

The nugget hunters find them while walking around.  Some folks dig around the shallow bedrock for them, but I've never done so.  Yes the bedrock is shallow and that's one of the reasons so much gold has been found there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Gerry thank you so much to you and your crew. I absolutely love the Minelab Sdc 2300 that I picked up from you. your crew is the nicest most knowledgeable group. it was lots of fun meeting a great group of new people into detecting. The class made my girlfriend and I feel super comfortable and confident with running our detectors. My girlfriend found a desert tarantula which was pretty awesome. We will be recommending the class to any new detectorists we run into. Thank you to Gerry and everyone that made the class such a great experience!

1121211955~2.jpg

11533~2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dirty Paws said:

Hey Gerry thank you so much to you and your crew. I absolutely love the Minelab Sdc 2300 that I picked up from you. your crew is the nicest most knowledgeable group. it was lots of fun meeting a great group of new people into detecting. The class made my girlfriend and I feel super comfortable and confident with running our detectors. My girlfriend found a desert tarantula which was pretty awesome. We will be recommending the class to any new detectorists we run into. Thank you to Gerry and everyone that made the class such a great experience!

1121211955~2.jpg

11533~2.jpeg

Adam, Yes I feel my Staff is the best out there.  Glad you and your girl enjoyed the trip, had some success in a variety of ways and went home with more knowledge and confidence.  Thanks again for having faith in my guys and spending 3 days with us.

Gerry..bought EQ800 from you and took your class and watched GPX6000 while I was there. 2 questions please ,(1)where I am at there are a ton of hot rocks in some areas and a little less in others but always some. The EQ800 wasn't liking one area in Gold 1 and was really "staticy" so I turned sensitivity down down down. Finally I went to Gold2 and it wasn't much better. Didn't think to try beach mode until after I left area....will it or any other mode handle hot rocks better?

(2) how will the GPX6000 do on hot rocks? Anyone have experience?

The 6000 like the 7000 handles hot rocks great, except for the few they do not.

Yes, other Equinox modes are part of the solution. I was finding gold nuggets with the Equinox before people knew the detector existed.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7468-my-tips-on-nugget-detecting-with-the-minelab-equinox/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1