Last Of Rye Patch Nv For 2021 And What We Learned

On 11/23/2021 at 2:28 PM, aerospace guy said:

Gerry..bought EQ800 from you and took your class and watched GPX6000 while I was there. 2 questions please ,(1)where I am at there are a ton of hot rocks in some areas and a little less in others but always some. The EQ800 wasn't liking one area in Gold 1 and was really "staticy" so I turned sensitivity down down down. Finally I went to Gold2 and it wasn't much better. Didn't think to try beach mode until after I left area....will it or any other mode handle hot rocks better?

(2) how will the GPX6000 do on hot rocks? Anyone have experience?

Gold Mode #2 is for more severe ground types, but you do lose some SENS and DEPTH on small gold.  The EQ-800 still classifies as a VLF and so we learned in class the VLF's have some weakness and one of them is Hot Rocks.  A couple ways to help with Hot Rocks.  1) You can turn on the IRON DISC when in Gold Mode (actually is on from FP - which I feel is backwards). 2) You can lift the coil a couple inches and see how fast the signal dissipates.  I good target will still have a strong clean response and many hot rock signals will weaken.

Hope this helps you in that area.  On a side note, many times there are only a few hot rocks in a certain area and after some time you get an idea of what they look and or read like.

Ground mineralization and hot/cold rocks is part of why so many people who hunt gold, have both the big gun PI detectors and a VLF as they complement each other.

• Like 1