Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

And not also vs the Equinox 600/800 ? 🙂     The Eq 600/800 are probably still good performers vs the Legend or the Deus2...

• Like 3

These are both brand new models, not three year olds. But of course people are going to compare everything to Multi-IQ as the existing standard. And that’s the real question really, given Minelab expertise and 20 year lead in multifrequency. Can these newcomers match or exceed Multi-IQ on the first go? Not a bet I’d take myself, but we can always hope.

• Like 8

In this 2021 year ... I will be on the market right away ... 4 new multifrequency detectors ... AKA Intronik. ,, Rutus Atrex., Xp Deus II .. and Nokta-Makro Legend .... all detectors have 11 " coils ....

It is possible that each of these detectors can bring some significant progress in a certain direction of detection .... but it is clear .. the benchmark will be a comparison with Minelab Equinox 800 with multi IQ.!!!

There is no need to forget that these detectors are the highest model from the given manufacturer - and they should already meet a high detection standard ...

Even after standard comparative depth or separation tests .... it is good and correct to compare these new multifrequency detectors even in direct field detection ...

There are shown the so-called "practical detection properties"- but also the effectiveness of detection with a specific detector in the field ...

... Colleagues Aka Intronik/down/ vs my Minelab Equinox 800/up/..

.. in practical field detection ..we compared some of the signals before the excavation .. and some they didn't ...we compared some of the signals before the excavation .. and some they didn't ... 

Later I will evaluate a few sentences of Rutus ATREX ...... because I had the opportunity to test it directly in the detection for several months ... and the work of "Multi-Filter" and "Smart Audio" at ATREX. definitely deserves attention here ...

Now I'm assembling two more detectors that will get further into the Detection Ring ... Against Equinox 800 ... and they are Xp DEUS II and Nokta Makro LEGEND ...

IMG_20210801_132322.jpg

• Like 9

Must not forget the Rutus Atrex Mr. Worldwide Texkinsey.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The Deus II has my eye the most, given it’s possibility of putting the best of Deus and Equinox in a single package, and one that is more ergonomic than the Equinox. Many people including myself have opined that having both a Deus and an Equinox is really a perfect solution, each filling gaps where the other is weak. The Legend seems more like a step sideways, whereas the Deus 2 is possibly a step up. If enough people think the Deus 2 can match Multi-IQ, then I’ll take a closer look. An upgrade that allows use of a 6x10 coil would help seal the deal.

How I was thinking as well.The Deus is such a pleasure to swing after swinging another machine for several hours. Gotta have one in the line up. No need to have the new one right away as I already have too many detectors. The only way I would get the new Deus is if it out performed the old deus..then bye bye old dues. 

On another note I found it interesting how Nokta was picking a fight with Minelab in that silly video...It reminded me of the old boxing days when the contender would come out and talk a lot of smack to the champ before the fight...It will be interesting how Minelab responds...will they come out swinging or remain the calm cool and collected champs they already are..

strick 

• Like 4

When both these new machines are available to the public I would beware of any initial claims of one being better than the other right out of the gate. Or better/worse than the Equinox. I think any testers that release any head to head comparisons better have at least 50 plus hours on either the Legend or Deus 2 before any conclusions are drawn.

I know personally I had my I initial doubts about the Equinox being anything special. Kept going back to the trusty Deus because I couldn't wrap my head around the multi IQ. Could be the same with either the Deus 2 or Legend. Especially with the Deus 2, looking through all those programs available can be a little intimidating. But the real performance will come from all the backend adjustments you can make to the stock programs. That isn't something you can learn in a few hours.

There's going to be a lot of YouTubers trying to be the first to post results. Anything more than open box reviews are goung to be highly suspect. It's not like we're getting a simple Vanquish or Apex this time around. Turn on and go will probably work for some stock programs. But like I said the magic is in all those other adjustments that can be made and those need to be implemented over hours and hours of field use.

I personally never use stock programs on either the Deus or the Equinox anymore. Learn the machine with the stock programs and then open it up and see what it can really do.

Look forward to the seeing and using the new machines. It's going to be an exciting end to 2021.

• Like 8