Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

4 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

But a company advertising something is "shockproof" (depending on the company) makes a difference. 

So yes, it's all about the build quality, but the better the build quality, the more promises a company can make in reference to the build quality.

Perhaps the Legend is more shockproof than the Deus II, but N/M has higher standards before they market a feature in one of their products...I don't know. So I have to assume (for now), that XP explicitly touting the shockproofness of their Deus II means it'll be more robust in real world conditions than the Legend.

It's better to under promise and over deliver , than over promise and under deliver.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

It's better to under promise and over deliver , than over promise and under deliver.

True.

But you don't want to lose out on sales b/c you undermarketed a product. But you also don't want to take a hit to your reputation b/c you couldn't meet expectations. It's a fine line, of course. Also, keep in mind that overpromising and underdelivering often leads to more profits/benefits than the other way around. That's one reason why it happens so often, whether it's in private industry, politics or the dating world.

Are you saying that N/M is walking that fine line better than XP is?

4 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

True.

But you don't want to lose out on sales b/c you undermarketed a product. But you also don't want to take a hit to your reputation b/c you couldn't meet expectations. It's a fine line, of course. Also, keep in mind that overpromising and underdelivering often leads to more profits/benefits than the other way around. That's one reason why it happens so often, whether it's in private industry, politics or the dating world.

Whenever you overpromise and under deliver , you run into many issues. Sure , you can make profits in the short run. But never in the long game. For starters , legal issues and recalls ( misrepresenting the product , fraud ). When companies do this whether knowingly or not it portrays them as not being transparent , untrustworthy and scammers. On the 2nd go around , smart people are not coming back. PERIOD. Maintaining your reputation and how you handle something when it goes south means the world to alot of people. Sadly , in these times there are many that just don't care either. Regarding XP , I don't know enough about them to honestly comment. Though I do have a pinpointer that has worked flawlessly the few times I've used it.

22 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Not a chance, Nokta came out swinging with the Legend, some very bold performance claims.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Whenever you overpromise and under deliver , you run into many issues. Sure , you can make profits in the short run. But never in the long game. For starters , legal issues and recalls ( misrepresenting the product , fraud ). When companies do this whether knowingly or not it portrays them as not being transparent , untrustworthy and scammers. On the 2nd go around , smart people are not coming back. PERIOD. Maintaining your reputation and how you handle something when it goes south means the world to alot of people. Sadly , in these times there are many that just don't care either. Regarding XP , I don't know enough about them to honestly comment. Though I do have a pinpointer that has worked flawlessly the few times I've used it.

When I refer to overpromising and underdelivering, I'm referring to marketing fluff, not legally actionable fraud or misrepresentation.

I presume when XP says the Deus II is shockproof, there's at least a moderate amount of truth to it. 

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Not a chance, Nokta came out swinging with the Legend, some very bold performance claims.

I agree. Not to say N/M is lying, but based on what XP and N/M have said so far about their respective SMF detectors, if anyone's going to disappoint, my guess it's N/M.

Again, not saying that'll happen, but if someone told me either XP or N/M would underdeliver with the Legend/Deus II, I'd assume it was N/M.

An old saying is imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and Nokta sure have done that with their Equinoks Legend.

They knew which detector was the best, and they've tried to replicate it and ride off some of it's success.  Have they done it? We'll soon see.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I can tell you where the Legend has already failed (for me) and that is the length. I'm 6'5 and the Legend is only 52" extended. The Nox is I think 56" , and that wasn't long enough until I went with Steve's CF which added 2". I can't find the info on what the Deus 2 extended max length is. Hopefully I can get a longer "tall man" CF lower for the Legend. I haven't even bought it yet and it's failed !🤣

• Sad 2