Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

16 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I can tell you where the Legend has already failed (for me) and that is the length. I'm 6'5 and the Legend is only 52" extended. The Nox is I think 56" , and that wasn't long enough until I went with Steve's CF which added 2". I can't find the info on what the Deus 2 extended max length is. Hopefully I can get a longer "tall man" CF lower for the Legend. I haven't even bought it yet and it's failed !🤣

I can measure my deus. Where from coil to arm cuff fully extended? Or bottom of coil to back of grip?  

10 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Top of coil or the coil bolt to the end of the shaft. 

53". That's top of coil to end of arm cuff fully extended.  But this is an S-shaft so it should not have to be quite as long as a straight shaft for same fit.  The straight shaft for me needs to be longer than this.  But this is fine for me . 

17 minutes ago, basstrackerman said:

53". That's top of coil to end of arm cuff fully extended.  But this is an S-shaft so it should not have to be quite as long as a straight shaft for same fit.  The straight shaft for me needs to be longer than this.  But this is fine for me . 

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to measure that. There are disadvantages to being tall. Especially with detector shafts , my walking pace and walk gape. 

7 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to measure that. There are disadvantages to being tall. Especially with detector shafts , my walking pace and walk gape. 

I know that all too well. 6'4" 3XL hands size 17 shoes finding a truck with leg room and foot room is a chore. 

King of Bling,

I saw a longer middle shaft available for the Legend already in the accessories category, along with several other items!👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

GB,

I must have missed the bashing of the Nox!? But for me, I have no problem pointing out the weaknesses; or strengths, of any machine, (if i feel i know it well) when we are in "comparison mode"! But for the moment, we are not at that point yet!! 

It's highly subjective to take some "couple year old" detectors, and use them to compare with the newest ones! But it always happens! So be it! Most of us, that have been around detecting long enough, have seen this before, and can sort it out, based on our wants, or needs! The hype falls on deaf ears for many of us here! "Been there done that" and all that stuff! 

All I really care about is that the technology, and quality of build progresses, for all that want to stay in the game!

As for ML being "Top Dog", they earned it; flaws included!! But nothing lasts forever, and if gold prices took an extended dive, their fortune's could change rapidly, and someone else will inevitably fill the gap! I never bet against underdogs, and look forward to several companies new machines now; NM, XP! And in the near future, including the next ML, Garrett, Rutis, etc.. iterations!!👍👍

• Like 6

On 11/22/2021 at 7:43 PM, wltdwiz said:

this is a bit off subject but for cpt_ghostlights no 1 likes kale 

heres a pro tip

when your cooking your kale put a bit of coconut oil in the pan.

it makes it ezer  to slide in the garbage 🤣

I like to make it even easier......I just dump the kale in the garbage bin on my way from the car to the house. No point in wasting perfectly good coconut! 😄

• Haha 4

On 11/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, King-Of-Bling said:

I can tell you where the Legend has already failed (for me) and that is the length. I'm 6'5 and the Legend is only 52" extended. The Nox is I think 56" , and that wasn't long enough until I went with Steve's CF which added 2". I can't find the info on what the Deus 2 extended max length is. Hopefully I can get a longer "tall man" CF lower for the Legend. I haven't even bought it yet and it's failed !🤣

Me TOO. Another 3-4 inches of Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass isn't going to break the bank. 

• Like 1

I guess when it comes to the crunch all this bickering is pointless as it's about a detector none of us have used yet, that's been comparing itself to a detector most of us use and love.  Perhaps that's where the defensive nature of the responses came from, nobody likes being told something they really like is flawed even if they know it is 🙂  We're were aware of the possible flaws with the Nox and some of us have experienced them although most probably haven't but we put up with the risks anyway as there was no competition to it, we'd rather risk it than use something else.

I personally think they're super overblown, leaking is mostly the serious salt water hunters more so than occasional water hunters, how many Simplex users are serious water hunters using it all the time in the water to validate the waterproofing of that design housing?  I've had my Nox in the water a bit, I've purposefully tried to drown it by leaving it underwater held down with a brick for days and can't.   How many of these water hunters have taken it slighter deeper than it should be? we'll never know.   The Simplex I am guessing has a very low percentage of heavy duty water hunters using it submerged in salt water compared to the Nox, especially in the waves where it's more likely to leak.  

With far less of them in the water, doing the hard yards of that style of detecting it is logical to think they'd not have the same leaking problems.  I wonder if there will start to be leaks in the Legend now it'll be a capable salt water beach detector and people might start using it for that task in large numbers due to the cheaper price in some countries for it, moving off their Nox with the risk of it leaking onto the Legend.   I guess in 3 years time we'll know to be able to compare, I hope it's better than the Nox for this, but it's not really proven by the Simplex although it may well be much better as I haven't seen of any drowned units at all. 

If anyone really wants a waterproof detector that's going to be the Deus 2 or another of the dive type machines, you've got plenty of room to move and unless you're doing Scuba there is no chance of accidentally drowning it by crossing any boundaries it can't handle.  I personally don't consider the Nox or the Legend to be true waterproof detectors.  In saying all of that I think the build quality of my Simplex is far better than my Nox in it's original form before I changed the shaft, arm cuff and so on, I was less impressed with it's performance than it's build quality.

With the Nox you're guaranteed 3 years minimum of use, and if it breaks you get it replaced under warranty, I was hoping by the time the warranty ran out on mine I'd be replacing it with a new model detector that's better anyway, I think my warranty is about out now and my original detector is still going strong, it's had a very rough life but survived it.  Maybe the Legend will be it's replacement, I certainly hope so and I'll have one if the early adopters reports are favorable.

The fact is once this detector gets into peoples hands, the pros and cons will be widely available and over time the detail on the differences will build up, the day of release people will be putting up comparison videos, I personally hope it is a Nox killer, how cool would that be? I'd never be disappointed with a better performing detector, I can think of nothing better.  I'm rooting for Nokta on this as I want a new better detector.

• Like 3