Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

Yes, I never understood where this Dayus thing came from but I guess it's more to do with accents than anything, when pronounced in French it sounds more like Deuce.  I guess they didn't pick a very english friendly name for the detector as it seems to confuse many on how to say it.

It means god 🙂 I'm hoping the Deus 2 is a godlike detector.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yes, I never understood where this Dayus thing came from but I guess it's more to do with accents than anything, when pronounced in French it sounds more like Deuce.  I guess they didn't pick a very english friendly name for the detector as it seems to confuse many on how to say it.

It means god 🙂 I'm hoping the Deus 2 is a godlike detector.

Ha! 

Now it sounds like it's pronounced like a mix b/w "deuce" and "dee-oose."

Well, at any rate, it's not "day-us." Like you, I'm confused where the "day-us" pronunciation came from.

Looks like I'm the fool to assume an American can properly pronounce a french name/word. 🙄

14 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Ha! 

Now it sounds like it's pronounced like a mix b/w "deuce" and "dee-oose."

Well, at any rate, it's not "day-us." Like you, I'm confused where the "day-us" pronunciation came from.

Looks like I'm the fool to assume an American can properly pronounce a french name/word. 🙄

Deus is not a French word. In French it would be Dieu.

Deus (Classical Latin: [ˈd̪e.ʊs], Ecclesiastical Latin: [ˈd̪ɛː.us]) is the Latin word for "god" or "deity". Latin deus and dīvus("divine") are in turn descended from Proto-Indo-European *deiwos, "celestial" or "shining", from the same root as *Dyēus, the reconstructed chief god of the Proto-Indo-European pantheon. 

In Classical Latin, deus (feminine dea) was a general noun[1] referring to a deity, while in technical usage a divus or divawas a figure who had become divine, such as a divinized emperor. In Late Latin, Deus came to be used mostly for the Christian God. It was inherited by the Romance languages in Galician and Portuguese Deus, Catalan and Sardinian Déu, French and Occitan Dieu, Friulian and Sicilian Diu, Italian Dio, Spanish Dios and (for the Jewish God) Ladino דייו/דיו Dio/Dyo, etc., and by the Celtic languages in Welsh Duw and Irish Dia.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Looking at the specs for the Deus 2, it is not specifically geared for gold prospecting (only one Gold Field mode whereas the ORX and even the Nox have two) and its 40+ kHz high end frequency is on the low side for really small gold nugget prospecting especially if its SMF tech struggles with high iron mineralization.

First of all saying ORX and Nox have “two” gold modes each is a misnomer because in both detectors the only thing that differentiates the “two” gold modes are the default manually adjustable settings associated with recovery speed/reactivity and in the case of ORX, default frequency and default sensitivity.  For the Equinox gold SMF modes, we are not talking differences in the fundamental Multi IQ profiles.  In other words, “Gold 1” and “2” modes on Equinox and “Gold” and “Fine Gold” modes on ORX can be manually set up to be functionally indistinguishable from one another on each detector.

In fact, Deus II, unlike Deus I or ORX actually does have two “gold field” style pseudo all-metal modes: traditional “gold field” and “relic”, each with a fundamentally different SMF profile consistent with the diverse objectives of each mode.  Furthermore, I would also not necessarily presume the SMF “effective” top end frequency is constrained to 40 kHz.  Yes that is the single frequency top end (actually 45.45 kHz with frequency shift applied, per the manual).  But it is interesting to note at the top of the detector specs table on page 43 of the manual, the RF Detection Frequency range is specified as 3.9 kHz to 135.7 kHz.  That indicates to me that in SMF there is plenty of usable HF frequency spectra above 40 kHz in the “40 kHz, frequency addition” SMF modes which includes: Program 2 - Sensitive, Program 3 - Sensi FT, Program 4 - Fast, and Program 8 - Gold Field.  Won’t know until we test it, but I suspect the Deus HF coils may actually be somewhat obsoleted by the Deus II SMF coils other than the missing (and arguably essential) 10x5 or similar size elliptical form factor.  

So while Deus II may not be specifically geared for gold, it could conceivably hold its own or surpass Deus I/ORX HF gold performance in SMF.  We’ll see once Steve gets his hands on it.  :smile:

• Like 5

Looks like I might have ruffled some feathers. Oh well. I was just trying to answer Joe’s questions, not stir up trouble.

I am really impressed with the features and potential capabilities of the Deus 2. If it’s SMF technology works really well in more than just salt beach scenarios, XP will truly have a full featured, versatile, general purpose SMF detector that similar to the Equinox will be able to detect very well in a multitude of soil conditions and for a wide variety of target conductivity including small gold nugget prospecting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Looks like I might have ruffled some feathers. Oh well. I was just trying to answer Joe’s questions, not stir up trouble.

I am really impressed with the features and potential capabilities of the Deus 2. If it’s SMF technology works really well in more than just salt beach scenarios, XP will truly have a full featured, versatile, general purpose SMF detector that similar to the Equinox will be able to detect very well in a multitude of soil conditions and for a wide variety of target conductivity including small gold nugget prospecting.

I'm not a bird so you never have to worry about ruffling my feathers, Jeff.  I was taking no offense.  My only point was making a case for Deus II potentially being a decent gold machine despite lack of the super high HF frequencies associated with the Deus I white HF coils.  I see people repeatedly posting concerns about the HF capabilities of Deus II (me included, early on).  People are focused on the 40 khz - 45 khz single frequency top end on Deus II and noting the lack of white legacy HF coil compatibility.  But we have no way of knowing if that really means the effective top end frequency of the SMF modes is similarly limited and 45 kHz, though not 80+ kHz, is a pretty decent hf freq.  That's all.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

I'm not a bird so you never have to worry about ruffling my feathers, Jeff.  I was taking no offense.  My only point was making a case for Deus II potentially being a decent gold machine despite lack of the super high HF frequencies associated with the Deus I white HF coils.  I see people repeatedly posting concerns about the HF capabilities of Deus II (me included, early on).  People are focused on the 40 khz - 45 khz single frequency top end on Deus II and noting the lack of white legacy HF coil compatibility.  But we have no way of knowing if that really means the effective top end frequency of the SMF modes is similarly limited and 45 kHz, though not 80+ kHz, is a pretty decent hf freq.  That's all.

If, and it is a big if, Deus 2's SMF can really handle the nasty dirt and hot rocks in high iron mineralized gold fields (and at Culpepper VA too) then similar to the Equinox, its roughly 40 kHz SMF Gold Field mode will do just fine for gold prospecting. If its SMF tech fails in that environment those 48 to 81 kHz HF coil single frequencies will be sorely missed. 

So, I am definitely holding onto my HF coils and my Deus 1 Lite setup until I know for sure how well the Deus 2's SMF does in high iron mineralization and on hot rocks.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

So, I am definitely holding onto my HF coils and my Deus 1 Lite setup until I know for sure how well the Deus 2's SMF does in high iron mineralization and on hot rocks.

You're right.  It is a big if.  So I am doing the same myself.  Even if my theory is proven "correct", I'm also hanging on to the Deus I elliptical HF coil as long as a similarly sized coil is not available for Deus II.  

• Like 2

I  just watched the video. Excellent and professional . It is confirmed that a Deus2 "lite" version will be available , called Deus2 WS6 Master. Look at the end of the video at 8:20 .

I dont know why they didnt simply called it Deus2 Lite btw  ... I could be interested by this version as it will be cheaper than the full version as I dont really need the control box for my kind of hunting ... 

Capture.PNG

• Like 3