Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

Steve I couldn't agree more with what you said, well said my friend. I also watched and listened to what Dilek had to say regarding testers and shipping. IF was my decision based on feedback from a few testers I would get the machines shipped and stand by my word of shipping in December and let the majority decide on the little update changes. Especially being nokta/makro can easily put out updates. I say let the majority decide and stand by your shipping in Dec that you already said would happen. Thats just me and my opinion. I also must say I love the fact XP came out in the last video and only compared the Deus1 vs Deus2, no drama, no negative energy towards other manufacturers. To me that is pure professionalism from XP. I also have to come out and thank Calabash digger for working hard and getting us some awesome vids with Deus2. That man has earned his machine in my opinion. XP made a wise decision sending him one to test. Thanks Cal buddy sold a few more machines thanks to your vids buddy you da man! Im sure Garys vids also helped, he does a amazing job also.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm the exact opposite.

For the Deus II's MSRP, there's almost no way I'd consider using it given how and where I currently hunt. Even if I somehow won the lottery, I probably wouldn't buy it. Or if found some naive seller who was letting a Deus II go for $200, I wouldn't keep it; I'd flip it.

Once a machine breaks the $1,000 barrier, it's really hard for me to justify buying it unless I have a really special (and profitable) application for it.

This is just me, though.

I’d say you are in the vast majority of the overall market. But just possibly a minority on the forum.

• Like 3

The Deus II really is looking like a great machine and will be well worth the money. They are smart getting it out to a few people early and showing what it can do and how it operates. That alone is going to take some of the initial learning curve off for some people. From what I've seen so far the Deus II will pretty much match or exceed the Equinox performance with similar coil sizes. The small 6" on the Equinox will still be useful for me until XP gets a 5x10 out for the Deus II.

For me the only thing that has my curiosity with the Legend is the 6" coil. If it will outperform the Equinox with the 6" coil (which I have a feeling it will) that will be reason enough to own the Legend in addition to the Deus II.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mh9162013 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm the exact opposite.

For the Deus II's MSRP, there's almost no way I'd consider using it given how and where I currently hunt. Even if I somehow won the lottery, I probably wouldn't buy it. Or if found some naive seller who was letting a Deus II go for $200, I wouldn't keep it; I'd flip it.

Once a machine breaks the $1,000 barrier, it's really hard for me to justify buying it unless I has a really special (and profitable) application for it.

This is just me, though.

The full Deus 1 setup broke the $1000 barrier at its original release and the prices have stayed well above $1000 for the full setup since. Paying a few hundred dollars more for a full Deus 2 is a no brainer for people who have experienced Deus 1 or even the ORX.

I get to chat with one of the sales reps for a big US detector dealer since he is a fellow hunter and vice president of our local 100+member detecting club here in the Denver area. We were trying to think how many members own or have even tried a Nokta Makro detector.......... the answer was three people and we were two of the three people. How many are Deus/Orx users..........almost half the club. Most of the other half are swinging an Equinox or Garrett.

Nokta Makro have to catch up big time in the Denver area. Implementing simultaneous multi frequency at a very affordable price which may actually work well here is a step in the right direction. Just for information.....there are a lot of unhappy APEX owners here.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Kickindirt said:

Steve I couldn't agree more with what you said, well said my friend. I also watched and listened to what Dilek had to say regarding testers and shipping. IF was my decision based on feedback from a few testers I would get the machines shipped and stand by my word of shipping in December and let the majority decide on the little update changes. Especially being nokta/makro can easily put out updates. I say let the majority decide and stand by your shipping in Dec that you already said would happen. Thats just me and my opinion. I also must say I love the fact XP came out in the last video and only compared the Deus1 vs Deus2, no drama, no negative energy towards other manufacturers. To me that is pure professionalism from XP. I also have to come out and thank Calabash digger for working hard and getting us some awesome vids with Deus2. That man has earned his machine in my opinion. XP made a wise decision sending him one to test. Thanks Cal buddy sold a few more machines thanks to your vids buddy you da man! Im sure Garys vids also helped, he does a amazing job also.

Yeah, delay due to last minute changes requested by testers? Why? We know there will be more updates, so not like delaying it will make it “done.” We know XP will issue updates also. But may as well take early user comments and feedback into account, and update later after we have machines. It’s going to happen, no doubt about it. And still will happen with Legend, just like it did and continues to happen with Simplex. Bottom line is simple - they are not ready to ship yet, and the reasons do not matter. Like Yoda said:

2C977F30-CBF7-494A-B667-499EA30B510D.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The full Deus 1 setup broke the $1000 barrier at its original release and the prices have stayed well above $1000 for the full setup since. Paying a few hundred dollars more for a full Deus 2 is a no brainer for people who have experienced Deus 1 or even the ORX.

You're probably right. Except I have never considered a Deus (original) due to its high price.

From my perspective, it's not just whether the detector is worth it or not (it'll find more than its worth). It's that I consider this a hobby and at a fundamental level, it should only cost "hobby-level prices." In my mind, going over $1,000 turns something from a hobby into a job or a necessity (like a car, fridge, house, etc.).

It's like some people will never guy a hamburger than costs $50, no matter how good it tastes. Unless it can cure cancer or is the fountain of youth, most people will just pass and settle for something from a chain restaurant (a la Garrett Ace) or local hamburger shop for a few bucks more (Equinox 600).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yeah, delay due to last minute changes requested by testers? Why? We know there will be more updates, so not like delaying it will make it “done.” We know XP will issue updates also. But may as well take early user comments and feedback into account, and update later after we have machines. It’s going to happen, no doubt about it. And still will happen with Legend, just like it did and continues to happen with Simplex. Bottom line is simple - they are not ready to ship yet, and the reasons do not matter. Like Yoda said:

2C977F30-CBF7-494A-B667-499EA30B510D.jpeg

Just speculation, but maybe the changes from the testers are hardware related?

8 hours ago, mh9162013 said:

You're probably right. Except I have never considered a Deus (original) due to its high price.

From my perspective, it's not just whether the detector is worth it or not (it'll find more than its woerth). It's that I consider this a hobby and at a fundamental level, it should only cost "hobby-level prices." In my mind, going over $1,000 turns something from a hobby into a job or a necessity (like a car, fridge, house, etc.).

That’s an arbitrary number. Some would say $500, so now you are the high price elitist. :laugh:

Some people consider much more expensive things like boating or riding dirt bikes a hobby. I’m amazed what some people spend on golf! It’s all relative.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That’s an arbitrary number. Some would say $500, so now you are the high price elitist. :laugh:

Some people consider boating or riding dirt bikes a hobby. It’s all relative.

Good points and I agree 100%!

We all have our "price ceilings" for various things in life. For me and metal detectors, it's $1,000 (give or take).

• Like 1

I can't imagine anyone on this forum would think XP would put out a new detector that was not an excellent performer. The reality of the Deus2 does not reduce what ever performance the NM Legend will have. As time goes on each will look at the other & tweak their own if needed. So will Minelab. It's all good for us as detector enthusiasts.

I'm not surprised by how good the new Deus2 appears to be so far, I expected no less. I want to be surprised by how good the Legend performs, and I have high expectations. I will wait on NM. If I ever want a Deus, I'll buy one.

Keep the D2 videos coming, they are interesting & informative for the most part. Thanks for all the effort that goes into them.

• Like 4