Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Deus 2 is consuming lots of oxygen.  Will consume even more with little more time.  May be little oxygen left for consumption.  If you get my drift.

I haven't read all of this thread or most of the others.  My question is ... do I detect in areas where all of this really makes any difference?

I use an 800 on a tide beach with a 15 inch coil.  I dig most things.  I think the 17" CTX is its equal most of the time.  Will any 11" coil be worth my time?

I don't think so.

Mitchel

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I haven't read all of this thread or most of the others.  My question is ... do I detect in areas where all of this really makes any difference?

I use an 800 on a tide beach with a 15 inch coil.  I dig most things.  I think the 17" CTX is its equal most of the time.  Will any 11" coil be worth my time?

I don't think so.

Mitchel

Performance wise, probably not, though the chain demo was impressive.  XP does make a coverage coil larger than the 11".  I think the only difference is 1.5 lbs less wear and tear on your swing arm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Performance wise, probably not, though the chain demo was impressive.  XP does make a coverage coil larger than the 11".  I think the only difference is 1.5 lbs less wear and tear on your swing arm.

Exactly the Deus2 outperforms the competition regarding the weight/detection cumfort. Equinox 1.26kg , Legend 1,4kg ? , Deus2 0.75kg .  And the D2 seems to be excellent in the iron trash too . Adding to this the IP68 protection ... At least 3 good reasons to have a D2 ...

The only downside I see for the D2 is the lack of a small coil like the Deus1 11X6 elliptical HF . But as XP has already the mold it wont be long before they release one for the D2 ...

• Like 3

Nokta did release an update on Facebook where Dilek come on explaining the tardiness of the Legend, it's the testers which are requesting changes with it, but the changes aren't to do with the detector working well, it works perfectly as they expected it would according to Dilek, the changes are just little things with software that they wanted adjusted but not related to performance.  So now it's not being shipped in December, or very unlikely to be and will maybe be January, or who knows when.  I wonder why the testers took so long to give this feedback.

There are no videos of it being used due to Nokta not allowing them to put them up, meanwhile Deus videos all over the place and people are impressed with the Deus videos and wanting one and even ordering it from the video results, the Legend is missing out on publicity.

The way I figure it if these tweaks are "minor" and the detector works perfectly why not ship it, that's why it has USB updating is it not, for little software tweaks and changes.  There is no way in the world they'd want to delay it for little user interface changes and let Deus take all the glory, first to the post often wins, especially with sales.  It's just not ready which is fine, if it's not ready that's how it is.

She did say the manual will be coming very soon, but also had the same maybe.

I've decided on a Deus, I've already got an Equinox, I want something different.

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

Guest calabash digger

WOW PHRUNT! That post says a whole lot about the legend...Really they  should have named it the Titanic.....🤔 Read between the lines...

Guest calabash digger
5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I don't think so.

Mitchel

The weight alone is worth switching. There will be a big coil coming. Look at the release video.

9 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I don't think so.

Mitchel

when you start putting 11" or larger coils on the Deus it becomes very Nose heavy...the ergonomics are perfect for the 9 inch coil...I sold one of my early deus's with the 11 inch coil due to this reason...with the 9 inch coils or smaller it's one of the nicest detectors to swing...I'll most likely be getting one however my reasons are not for beach use...If you got into some good erosion with targets everywhere it would be a detector to grab for sure. 

strick 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

XP charging what they are for the Deus II actually makes me more interested in it, not less.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm the exact opposite.

For the Deus II's MSRP, there's almost no way I'd consider using it given how and where I currently hunt. Even if I somehow won the lottery, I probably wouldn't buy it. Or if found some naive seller who was letting a Deus II go for $200, I wouldn't keep it; I'd flip it.

Once a machine breaks the $1,000 barrier, it's really hard for me to justify buying it unless I have a really special (and profitable) application for it.

This is just me, though.

• Like 3