Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

Calabash is doing a really great job getting videos out on the Deus 2 on what everybody is asking to see. I hope he gets to test the Legend too. Right now the Deus 2 is going above and beyond the other detectors making it hard not to get the Deus 2.

• Like 4

When it comes to price they're charging what they think they'll get for it, which is also what they think it's worth in the market.

Look at Minelab with the GPZ 7000 and GPX 6000, If you knew nothing about the GPX 6000 and Minelab gold detectors and looked at the GPX in particular you'd think a detector around $1000 at most, and you'd estimate build cost for the thing would be in the hundreds if that.  Then look at the price they sell these detectors for and look at everyone buying them.  It does stop a few people buying, obviously enough do buy them to make Minelab's profits what they are.  Their strategy is sell less, sell for higher profit and also have less warranty to deal with and it seems to work well for them while there is no competition.  I don't expect they'll sell them cheaper, it'd be nice if they offered a cheaper model for people though.

Hobbies get real expensive especially if you want to get really into them.  I've seen people pay the GPX 6000 price for a bicycle, my friends boat cost more than most peoples cars and he only uses it occasionally to catch a $50 worth of fish that it uses $200 fuel to do.  Some people spend thousands on golf clubs.  What if your hobby is sky diving? Paying for the flights all the time.  As Steve pointed out dirt bikes are a popular hobby and more expensive than most detectors.  Detecting even gold detecting isn't an expensive hobby, it'd sit around the middle somewhere and it has a chance of paying for itself, or coming out on top where as not many other hobbies do.   A lot of people pay off their equipment in finds, and then some and the ones making decent finds are the ones less likely to care about the cost of the detectors. 

I'm fine with the XP price, it's a very different detector and obviously build costs for a detector like that are higher, I'd not be surprised at all if it costs more than the GPX 6000 to make.  If Nokta thought they could get the XP price they'd be charging more for theirs.  XP can get their price, they've done it for years.

For those that don't have Facebook or can't be bothered trying to find the Dilek video here it is

• Like 4

I'm fine with the XP's price too. In no way am I condemning what XP is charging...unlike other companies *cough* Garrett *cough*.

I'm just saying that for me, XP's higher price is a turn off. But I know I'm just a single potential customer and XP couldn't care less as to what I think. And I know that for many of you who decide not to buy a Deus II, it won't be the price that stops you.

People have different ideas as to what something should cost, whether it's golf equipment, gasoline, hamburgers, metal detectors or healthcare.

• Like 1

Look how much it cost if you took up golfing. 

Detecting is my hobby and it can cost too.

I know some people who get 1 detector and that's it and they stay with it year after year which is fine.

So detecting is a hobby like all the others that can cost a lot or not much at all depending on what you like.

• Like 2

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Additional time of warranty Xp gives Deus 2 is worth something.  Especially with higher cost involved with shipping.  Water capable unit with 5 year warranty.  A first in the industry i believe.  Updatable.  Lightweight.  Xp has been making solid stuff.  They have had few hardware problems ever.  Their support in USA seems is stellar too.  Xp test their stuff before they roll it out no doubt.  Theyhave to.  Or they would have already got caught.

A one VLF detector setup (9”) coil that just might do all above average.   CtXs weren’t cheap by no means.  Deus 2 for MSRP seems is a bargain based on the videos I have watched.

Deus lite version will be cheaper.  One would think.  It’ll sell too big time.  One can always buy remote later when they can afford.  Deus 2 looks like a true  Hoover.  

4 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

.... Just for information.....there are a lot of unhappy APEX owners here.

I am not surprised by this , after the quality issues I have had with mine . It is a pity because it is a good detector and I like it despite these pbs . 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, palzynski said:

... Adding to this the IP68 protection ... At least 3 2 good reasons to have a D2 ...

I fixed that for you, the Legend is also IP68 certified (although to less depth) 😉
image.png.cd1e4a71360f132af8bae684d5eb974d.png

28 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I fixed that for you, the Legend is also IP68 certified (although to less depth) 😉 ...

thank you , update of my prev post done below  :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly the Deus2 outperforms the competition regarding the weight/detection cumfort. Equinox 1.26kg , Legend 1,4kg ? , Deus2 0.75kg .  And the D2 seems to be excellent in the iron trash too . Adding to this the 20m IP68 protection ... At least 3 good reasons to have a D2 ... 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
🙂 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

thank you , update of my prev post done below  :

Exactly the Deus2 outperforms the competition regarding the weight/detection cumfort. Equinox 1.26kg , Legend 1,4kg ? , Deus2 0.75kg .  And the D2 seems to be excellent in the iron trash too . Adding to this the 20m IP68 protection ... At least 3 good reasons to have a D2 ... 
🙂 🙂

A fourth good reason at least for my area is that it appears that XP's version of simultaneous multi frequency may actually work and offer depth and target ID advantages in more places than sites with very mild dirt, saltwater beaches and shallow targets.

I still talk to Deus 1 owners who assume that the Deus 2 will automatically work well in high iron mineralization just because it has SMF technology. I caution them to check with some owners of another new SMF detector made by Garrett and see how theirs are doing in the bad dirt out here. 

I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that Deus 2 and the Legend will do well here.

• Like 7

A fifth reason is that the Deus 2 is a vastly different detector, there is little point buying a detector almost exactly the same as you've already got, let's face it, Nokta have made a clone and called it their own right down to the names of each of the modes.

That more than anything has swayed my position of which to get.   The Deus 1 was a performer, the two has to be better than the original and it's better in an area that sets it apart from the Equinox which is high trash, so either way it's going to be an improvement over what I have for certain types of detecting.

Where I see the Legend being an option is for people that didn't buy an Equinox, if it was too expensive for them or whatever reason they didn't get one perhaps the Legend will fill that hole.  Here that makes no sense either as an Equinox is cheaper in NZ than a Legend. 

Another weak point of the Equinox is the water hunters, by the looks of specifications the Deus is the clear choice for them, and has the longer warranty, why get another detector rated the same as the Equinox when you get get a real diving detector, even if it is slightly better than the Equinox for waterproofing it's still limited to the same depths which is really pushing the limits for anyone that actually goes into the water with it, they're wading detectors not really detectors you want to hit the water with.  Who knows, the Deus might become my creek detector for prospecting if it handles the hot rocks well.

Something that was swaying me towards the Legend was the hope it'd get the Nel Snake coil for prospecting, but then I sat and thought about that and why do I care? The Nel Snake is coming for the Garrett 24k which I also have, and I'm sure it'll be a killer combination and I've still got the Equinox and 6" coil and 10x5" Coiltek coil for when I want to use Multi-IQ and notching for certain ground types.  Nel and Nokta don't seem to be getting along too well at the moment as evident by the Simplex coils never arriving for it even though their site says they were coming in December 2020 and no response from Nokta whenever I ask why, the question goes unanswered every time.

These are the sort of reasons I'm more interested in the Deus, money isn't a factor, of course everyone cares about price but you pay for what you get and paying money for something I already have makes less sense than paying more for something different.

When considering a new detector you have to weigh up the benefits to you personally, and which detector stacks up best for your needs and fills a gap you can't fill with your existing units, for me that clearly is the Deus.

• Like 9