Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

These are the sort of reasons I'm more interested in the Deus, money isn't a factor ...

The Deus2 is a good choice as you are a coin hunter , gold prospector and a beach hunter  .  Then you will certainly use it very often in NZ ...  

For me it is a little different , I am a coin/relic hunter I wont use the D2 gold and beach modes then the Deus1 is still an excellent performer for me . btw I did an outing yesterday evening in a field with it + 11X6 elliptical HF coil,  it is a beast in irons and I have no plans to sell my D1 , I keep it ... 🙂

However I plan to order later a D2 Lite that I will use when I need more depth , when searching deep coins in woods or forests for example.  Of course I will use it for iron infested sites too in addtion to the D1 HF

Looking fwd for your reports with the Deus2 in NZ  ... 🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, palzynski said:

The Deus2 is a good choice as you are a coin hunter , gold prospector and a beach hunter  .  Then you will certainly use it very often in NZ ...  

For me it is a little different , I am a coin/relic hunter I wont use the D2 gold and beach modes then the Deus1 is still an excellent performer for me . btw I did an outing yesterday evening in a field with it + 11X6 elliptical HF coil,  it is a beast in irons and I have no plans to sell my D1 , I keep it ... 🙂

However I plan to order later a D2 Lite that I will use when I need more depth , when searching deep coins in woods or forests for example.  Of course I will use it for iron infested sites too in addtion to the D1 HF

Looking fwd for your reports with the Deus2 in NZ  ... 🙂

I recently bought an almost new ORX for less than $300, sold my Deus 1 Lite and will keep my HF elliptical coil for the ORX with its normalized HF coil IDs and 81 kHz frequency ceiling for gold prospecting. I too hope to purchase a Deus 2 Lite sometime in 2022. I don't need the full Deus 2 for what I do since I won't be diving and I have the waterproof kit for the ORX/Deus 2 Lite WS6 whenever I need it.

I am still interested in the Legend and plan to buy one and try it out even if I end up selling it later. I will keep my Equinox 800 too.

• Like 2

Thanks for buying a Legend Jeff, it seems most are veering towards the Deus now and I'd prefer to hear how the Legend goes from someone I know and trust over some random.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it, hopefully positive.

• Like 2

Here is the latest Dllek Update or should I say response to the general public about their response to her last video from a few minutes ago for those that don't use Facebook.

I do like XP's marketing method.  When does engaging with the public go from being beneficial to harmful?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the proposed "large" coil was available now (something 13" or bigger), I'd put my order in today for the Deus 2. Having been  toward the top of the list buying a "cutting edge" new detector recently, and finding it rather disappointing to say the least, I would also like to see a few more beach videos from trusted sources before I actually put my money on the line again. After all, we have only seen a few select people get the D2. Lets see what the general public has to say about the machine after they get to flog it a bit. I'd also like to know when they will have a decent supply of these machines and coils available before my name gets put at the bottom of the list.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Here is the latest Dllek Update or should I say response to the general public about their response to her last video from a few minutes ago for those that don't use Facebook.

I do like XP's marketing method.  When does engaging with the public go from being beneficial to harmful?

I couldn’t even make it halfway through that.  In my opinion she needs to take the high road and not respond to some of the comments she’s reading.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Here is the latest Dllek Update....

There is some good news here, IMO, and if you make it 7 minutes into the video you will hear it.  She said (and I'll paraphrase) that "hopefully the current testers will be released from their NDA's in a week and you will start hearing their reviews then".

Has the world always been so negative or is it just the past few years??  Half empty or half full?  "Completely empty" seems to be the reply too often around here.  We have two new detectors announced in the last month.  Some (XP Deus 2's) are already in testers hands with promising video results posted.  It sounds like we will soon have the Nokta/Makro reviews as well.  After that (January?) new units will be in dealers hands, and thus into users hands.

I'm wanting to hear/read about one time in the last six years since I've returned to detecting that we've had such promising competition!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

That's true, although I've not noticed any negativity towards XP, perhaps due to their different approach to marketing. 

They've put out the facts by means of specifications and a few very good in house videos especially that chap from UK with the calming voice and let some users they've provided some early units to do the rest.  It's been a very successful strategy, the other one not so much. 

Its put me off more than anything and changed my mind on which I prefer. A few weeks Ago I had no interest in a Deus 😊

• Like 8

Roger that, Simon! The way I see it, I don't care if the Legend can beat the Nox at some things. I already have a Nox and I'm real comfortable with that. Now if the Legend could beat the Deus 2, then I might be interested, but I can't imagine that happening. I feel like the D2 is the new one to beat now, of course that's just my humble opinion, I could be wrong. 🙂 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I could only get through the first 4 or 5 minutes of that.

I'm a believer of the general idea that "the weakest person in the room is the loudest person in the room."

That being said, I also understand the desire to respond to unfair/unwarranted criticisms. I'm also a believer that when you don't respond to a question or concern, the public will fill in the blanks themselves and it will often be with the with a worst case scenario.

So I see N/M being in a possible catch-22 position.

I'm rooting for N/M and the Legend. I hope it does well and gives Minelab and Garrett a few sleepless nights. I also hope the Deus II does well, although given it's price, I don't think it'll compete in the same way the Legend or even the Equinox 600 will.

Lastly, I appreciate the approach N/M took with marketing the Legend, by calling out Minelab and their Equinox. But I'm not saying it's better or worse than XP's approach (a la, "I'll let the Deus II and its performance do the talking...").

I think I've finally settled on a primary metal detector (the Equinox 600) so I have no intention of buying either the Legend or Deus II any time soon. But I do love all these choices and can't wait to see what Garrett and Minelab release in response.

• Like 3