Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend

4 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Both the ML80 and the CB have been replaced with brand new ones by ML without any discussion ...

I too have had perfect warranty service from Minelab on my vast array of warranty claims, other than the inconvenience I have little to complain about, their service agent in NZ is fantastic.  It'd still be better not to need warranty claims all the time 🙂

• Like 2

I knew I had seen the guy from the Nokta Makro commercial before. It’s Steve Buscemi lol. 53C7BF11-F398-4BCF-A5FC-67FDFDA020C0.jpeg.e1776b9eead0c7158fc4c0a3579e7863.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think it's safe to say that all of the detector companies that make SMF machines will do well, but none of them are going to take all the sales because people, including detectorists, have different tastes. Some like sweet, some like sour, some like salty, but no one likes kale. 😝

No company, regardless of product hype, product features, or even product performance, will satisfy everyone. Humans are diverse critters and we don't all want the same things, otherwise we'd all drive Jeeps. 😎

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 11/20/2021 at 9:23 AM, RobNC said:

Well I can tell you that in my area there is at least 1 moron who leaves pits and never fills the holes they dig. For a long time I wondered who was doing it but found out for sure who it was. The guy lied about it, blaming it on some other random individual when it was he who was carrying a regular variety garden shovel and digging the holes that day! To see more idiots like that out and destroying grass giving us all a bad name is not something I would want.

When you start talking about lower detector prices causing a flood of new people, I don't think they need to buy a Nokta to be an idiot. They have plenty of options available today already that are much cheaper. An idiot leaving craters around is an idiot, whether he/she is swinging a $50 detector or a $5,000 detector. The idea that expensive detectors can only be afforded by the "elite detector professionals" is also a bunch of garbage. Stupidity and crater diggers have no dollar value, they are found at every level!

Good lord this brought back some smiles and tears ! Just because 1 has money doesn't make them smart. Flashed back to my blackjack days. Took me years to finally make it to high limit where I had some killer runs and some suicidal losses. About 25 years ago , I'm at the Bellagio sitting at a $500 minimum table by myself , up about 13k from my $5k buy in. There were empty tables all around me. When this guy sits down with a 25k buy in. Well...in about 10 minutes we were both tapped out. I wanted to strangle him ! But it was his play that irked me the most. I thought nobody would ever sit at a 500 table and not know what they were doing. Maybe he was a shill , a cooler , didn't care , my stupidity , idk. But this really opened my eyes on life and $. Anyways , shortly thereafter I pretty much gave up the game. Seldom ever play it. Sorry to rant away , but it is relatable. 

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

For the water hunters, the IP rating of the Deus 2 and Legend are IP68, however the Legend is only rated at 10 feet (the same as the Equinox) and the Deus 2 is rated at 60 feet.

To get an IP68 rating, a device only has to be dustproof and be able to keep water out to a depth of 4.92 feet for 30 minutes. An IP68 ratng does not guarantee a device to be dive worthy.

That might be the problem with some Noxes flooding and possibly the Legend following suit as well. An IP68 rated device might be good to 10 feet, but for how long? Is it possible many detectorists stay in water longer than 30 minutes? How long and how deep do detector companies test their machines in fresh water and salt water?

The Deus 2, on the other hand, far exceeds the 10 foot rating and directly addresses the pressure problem as well. The Deus 2 is a much higher end machine, IMHO, than the Legend and probably even the Equinox in many respects, and that may be reflected in the substantial price differential.

Still, as I look at the Deus 2 as a real contender, I will keep my Nox since I feel real comfortable with it after a few years. Learning a new machine is not a priority for me, so I'll bide my time, saving up all my Zincolns, while waiting for the first round to play out and see what else is coming into the ring. 😎

• Like 5

On 11/20/2021 at 10:47 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I’ll wait for a consensus to develop in maybe 6 months minimum after the machines hit users,...

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Took, what, 2 days?  Steve, I give your views and opinions a lot of credibility but I will never again accept something like you said in the first sentence above.  :biggrin:  You've stated previously on multiple occasions (and shown that classic image) that you defintely reside in the early adopter tail.

Hope I'm not picking on you.  Some of us here feel like we know you enough to kid you and you won't take offense.

Bottom line is that your evaluation reports are among the few that I read with great interest.  Your history of owning every detector (supported in the USA) made in the last 30+ years that has a chance of being a contender combined with your early adoption style means we will get at least one reliable review early on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I really wish these threads that start out with discussion of detectors and their attributes wouldn't degrade into company bashing.  Here's a question for you when it comes to metal detector company marketing:  "Do you really learn anything from these pre-release videos other than what a new product looks like and what features it has?"

From what I've seen over the past 4 years (it may well go back much further), metal detector marketing (including that of Saint Minelab) is a race to the bottom of the cesspool.  I'm reminded of the famous quote

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

I don't know if you from other countries are offended that (once again) the focus was on the USA.  Feel free to modify to suit your tastes.  😏

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Took, what, 2 days?  Steve, I give your views and opinions a lot of credibility but I will never again accept something like you said in the first sentence above.  :biggrin:  You've stated previously on multiple occasions (and shown that classic image) that you definitely reside in the early adopter tail.

Hope I'm not picking on you.  Some of us here feel like we know you enough to kid you and you won't take offense.

Bottom line is that your evaluation reports are among the few that I read with great interest.  Your history of owning every detector made in the last 30+ years that has a chance of being a contender combined with your early adoption style means we will get at least one reliable review early on.

I can take a little ribbing I am sure. :smile: I explained why I jumped the gun in the thread I linked to.

I don't see myself doing any detailed reporting like I used to do. I don't see the Deus 2 as having any possibility of replacing my Equinox due to lack of coils. So the only real question for me is how the XP version of multi compares to Multi-IQ, on silver coins in high magnetite ground, and on small gold nuggets, also in bad ground. My expectation is it will be splitting hairs, so it's only if there is a obvious difference, good or bad, that will draw my attention. The ground is freezing here, and so I would not expect any early reports from me. There are a lot of people really in a hurry to get that honor, but I'm not one of them. I'll take my time as weather allows, and see what I can can figure out. Eventually, if I have something actually worth saying, I'll say it. But nobody should be holding their breath on my account.

• Like 6