Jump to content

Deus 2 Vs Nokta/Makro Legend


Recommended Posts

An old saying is imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and Nokta sure have done that with their Equinoks Legend.

They knew which detector was the best, and they've tried to replicate it and ride off some of it's success.  Have they done it? We'll soon see.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I can tell you where the Legend has already failed (for me) and that is the length. I'm 6'5 and the Legend is only 52" extended. The Nox is I think 56" , and that wasn't long enough until I went with Steve's CF which added 2". I can't find the info on what the Deus 2 extended max length is. Hopefully I can get a longer "tall man" CF lower for the Legend. I haven't even bought it yet and it's failed !🤣

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I can tell you where the Legend has already failed (for me) and that is the length. I'm 6'5 and the Legend is only 52" extended. The Nox is I think 56" , and that wasn't long enough until I went with Steve's CF which added 2". I can't find the info on what the Deus 2 extended max length is. Hopefully I can get a longer "tall man" CF lower for the Legend. I haven't even bought it yet and it's failed !🤣

I can measure my deus. Where from coil to arm cuff fully extended? Or bottom of coil to back of grip?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Top of coil or the coil bolt to the end of the shaft. 

53". That's top of coil to end of arm cuff fully extended.  But this is an S-shaft so it should not have to be quite as long as a straight shaft for same fit.  The straight shaft for me needs to be longer than this.  But this is fine for me . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, basstrackerman said:

53". That's top of coil to end of arm cuff fully extended.  But this is an S-shaft so it should not have to be quite as long as a straight shaft for same fit.  The straight shaft for me needs to be longer than this.  But this is fine for me . 

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to measure that. There are disadvantages to being tall. Especially with detector shafts , my walking pace and walk gape. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to measure that. There are disadvantages to being tall. Especially with detector shafts , my walking pace and walk gape. 

I know that all too well. 6'4" 3XL hands size 17 shoes finding a truck with leg room and foot room is a chore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

King of Bling,

   I saw a longer middle shaft available for the Legend already in the accessories category, along with several other items!👍👍

    

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GB,

  I must have missed the bashing of the Nox!? But for me, I have no problem pointing out the weaknesses; or strengths, of any machine, (if i feel i know it well) when we are in "comparison mode"! But for the moment, we are not at that point yet!! 

   It's highly subjective to take some "couple year old" detectors, and use them to compare with the newest ones! But it always happens! So be it! Most of us, that have been around detecting long enough, have seen this before, and can sort it out, based on our wants, or needs! The hype falls on deaf ears for many of us here! "Been there done that" and all that stuff! 

   All I really care about is that the technology, and quality of build progresses, for all that want to stay in the game!

    As for ML being "Top Dog", they earned it; flaws included!! But nothing lasts forever, and if gold prices took an extended dive, their fortune's could change rapidly, and someone else will inevitably fill the gap! I never bet against underdogs, and look forward to several companies new machines now; NM, XP! And in the near future, including the next ML, Garrett, Rutis, etc.. iterations!!👍👍

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2021 at 7:43 PM, wltdwiz said:

this is a bit off subject but for cpt_ghostlights no 1 likes kale 

heres a pro tip

when your cooking your kale put a bit of coconut oil in the pan.

it makes it ezer  to slide in the garbage 🤣

I like to make it even easier......I just dump the kale in the garbage bin on my way from the car to the house. No point in wasting perfectly good coconut! 😄

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...