A Lot Of Nokta Legends Will Be Sold

Might explain the cheaper US pricing.....

Economists in Turkey have been put on alert after the nation’s currency plunged an incredible 15 per cent in its second-worst day on record.

The Lira, which is now the worst-performing for any country in 2021, has shed 45 per cent of its value this year. Inflation has hit the Middle Eastern nation hardest in November, recording a near 26 per cent for the Lira since the beginning of last week.

As of November 24th, the Lira sits at 13.44 to the US dollar, losing an incredible 30 per cent on the USD in 2021 alone. For perspective, the Lira’s decline was already making headlines in November 2019 when it was trading at around 5.6 to the USD which marked a massive drop from mid-2017 levels of 3.5 to the dollar.

Full story here: https://www.news.com.au/finance/markets/world-markets/a-perverse-economic-experiment-turkeys-currency-is-hitting-record-lows-as-inflation-skyrockets/news-story/c12a7caff3923add1a9dd4946d99154c

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

2 hours ago, Johnnysalami1957 said:

You mean 5 on the Deus.

Yup, I had a brain fart.  Sometimes the brain and hands have arguments and don't agree with each other, oddly the hands end up winning every time. 

• Haha 3

Only issue I ever had with Nokta machines was a faulty coil and they made good. Don't know why the coil was bad but could have been from the shipping monkeys kicking it around. I think they have an outstanding build quality and less concerned about warranty length with their products and Garret too for that matter.

I am on my 3rd ML ProFind 35. Took a couple RMA's to get one that works. As for falsing on those they are sensitive to emi and don't play well with all machines. Good fresh batteries are a must on them. When starting up plant the nose of it to the dirt and you should be good to go.

I usually use my Nokta Pulse Pointer (which does not like Nox's). Just find it far more dependable. It also doesn't detect small coal that I often pick up so saves me digging too much.

Soon Youtbe will be flooded with the depth tests and comparisons and people zinging odd objects as fast as they can across the coils. I'll sit back and see what the member say when they use them in the real world. Think Nokta has a winner on their hands, at least for those that are not so happy with ML.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

Might explain the cheaper US pricing.....

Economists in Turkey have been put on alert after the nation’s currency plunged an incredible 15 per cent in its second-worst day on record.

The Lira, which is now the worst-performing for any country in 2021, has shed 45 per cent of its value this year. Inflation has hit the Middle Eastern nation hardest in November, recording a near 26 per cent for the Lira since the beginning of last week.

Yes it looks like they have a bright economist at the head of Turkey with Erdogan ... 🙂 🙂  ... Oops am going off topic .. 🙂 ✌️

5 hours ago, palzynski said:

Oops am going off subject ..

Not to mention 'political'....  I like your informative posts on detectors and detecting.  Many of us slip off-topic occasionally but Steve has pretty strict rules in some areas.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:18 PM, phrunt said:

yep 2 year on Nokta, 3 year on Minelab and 5 year on XP.  If Nokta were so confident in their build quality they could bang on a 5 year warranty or at least a 3 year.. put their money where their mouth is.

I wonder if Nokta couldn't do an extended warranty?  I mean everyone loves the price, but warranties cost money.  In the U.S. you have to put away a percentage of proceeds from sold products to cover warranty repair, so simply adding a 3 or 5 year warranty for "free" isn't a trivial business decision. 

I know Minelab used to do some kind of an extended or extra year warranty promotions on the Etrac IIRC. 

• Like 2

If they're so confident in their build quality adjusting to a 3 year to match the detector they're so desperately trying to compete with or 5 year to match the industry benchmark would be of little concern, after all they're not expecting failures.

Fisher - 5 year
Minelab - 3 year
XP - 5 year
Garrett - 2 year
Bounty Hunter - 5 year
Nokta - 2 year

QED - A home made detector, 5 year.

So aside from Garrett in the main manufacturers Nokta is at the bottom of the heap.  They need to put their money where their mouth is.  It's fine to say you've got the exceptional quality but back it if you do.  Prove to us you believe you've got exceptional quality.  Knocking the build quality of a detector with a longer warranty is rather amusing.

• Like 3