A Cache Of Tokens And Other Stuff

Great hunting and some really good saves. Glad to see history coming back from the ground.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Fabulous finds! The button with Mount Tamalpais on it seems to indicate someone of wealth may have lived there, assuming it came from the old home site. The price to attend in the 1890s was $320, or about $10,000 in today's money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marinij.com/2020/05/25/marin-history-how-marin-academy-came-to-be/amp/

• Like 5

Strick, what a hunt! 🥳 😳 looks to me like you found an old store site, or the marching field for that academy. Even got a Barber. Congrats on gold as well. That would be a dream day for me. Best in a while here. 👍 that's catching, not fishing. 😀 Great story too. Way to go using old USGS dot maps.

I see you got a fork for your spoon collection 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

Fabulous finds! The button with Mount Tamalpais on it seems to indicate someone of wealth may have lived there, assuming it came from the old home site. The price to attend in the 1890s was $320, or about $10,000 in today's money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marinij.com/2020/05/25/marin-history-how-marin-academy-came-to-be/amp/

That button was in such rough shape...after soaking and cleaning with a tooth brush for several days I still could not read what it was so I finally gave up and threw it in the tumbler. It was found at another spot where rich people did used to visit along with the toasted V nickel. 

Trying to figure out what the CHG thing was..the back side is plain but has a rough spot where it used to soldered or a pin was attached...it was with all the tokens...everything in the first couple pics was found together. 

Thanks for the replies fellas.

strick