A Cache Of Tokens And Other Stuff

The oval ring with "Edgewood Arsenal" on it is interesting, that place has some dark history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgewood_Arsenal_human_experiments

😬

• Like 2

Great finds!! Lots of good stuff there. I like the big iron ball. Wonder if it's military.

• Like 1

That is a load of cool stuff.  The tokens are really cool.. 

• Like 1

Excellent finds and narrative, strick!  Have you been able to research the bar that the tokens represent?  Is there a token collectors club there in NoCal?  Also, do I see '1885' date on that Liberty/V nickel??  😄

• Like 1

Some of the tokens are from San Francisco and some of them are from the local area. Almost all say something about billiards on them. Will post more pictures when everything is cleaned up the ring is stamped 18 K I had to soak it in CLR and then put it in my Tumblr  overnight...The cufflinks I soaked in vinegar and then put them in my Tumblr overnight they all cleaned up really well and are rose gold in color including he shanks. GB  I don’t know anything about token clubs...I'm sure there are some in the area..

Nobody as commented on one of the pictures yet...maybe it's so obvious as to why everything was found in a small area.  I could not find the other part of it. 

strick

A well deserved reward of finds for a very deserving person.  Congratulations stick!

• Thanks 1

The pool hall building was built in 1907 and it is now called Hollywood Billiards Hall but I don't think it has any pool tables any more.  It is located at 1028 Market Street.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 2:52 PM, F350Platinum said:

The oval ring with "Edgewood Arsenal" on it is interesting, that place has some dark history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgewood_Arsenal_human_experiments

😬

Thanks for the heads up...I did not look close enough to make out the "Arsenal" part of the lettering and as looking up golf clubs instead..,looks like they still have a golf site there. 

strick 

• Like 1