Hello From Nicoles Gold In California Just North Of Reno Nv

Nicoles Gold

Hello Nicole here. Joining to meet new people to detect with with my boyfriend adam (Dirty Paws). always looking for new places to detect. happy trails! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and am glad to see you here!

Most of us here will be happy to answer your questions if you may have any.

Please share your stories and pictures with us about your finds, but just remember I don't like spiders since I was bitten by some nasty ones.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Steve Herschbach changed the title to Hello From Nicoles Gold In California Just North Of Reno Nv

Welcome aboard.

My name is popeye and I'm a Beepaholic...

I just want to say,, "There's still time to run !" skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

But if you do stay , the treasarrrrrrr may be YOUR'S !

( well , actually , you just found some and it's named DP Forums. ) 

Good luck to you and that paw guy , (I don't want to say this and it may just be me but he looks kinda like a ......dog ?) 

Welcome, Nicole!  I see you have a very good gold detector and a gold detecting partner.  Doesn't get much better than that (well, maybe a poke full of shiny added to those).

Welcome to the mental i mean metal detector's best group of people online, for the most part all you will find here is good advice and great people, so welcome to the madness that is driving us all to dig one more !  My wife and i love to get out, we hope to run into you guys sometime. Happy Thanksgiving and happy hunting!!  Ht 😉

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Nicole.  You will find a wealth of information in this forum from both members and documents that are archived.  

The welcomes you have received so far pretty much sums up this hobby/sport/form of exercise/passion/addiction.  Just last night when I got home from detecting my wife asked "Who are you"?  She asked me that all in fun...I think.🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By mpmccann
      Hi Everyone,
      I'm new here but not new to detecting. Getting back into detecting "again" Lol. Just picked up a new machine "Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro-pack and can't wait to learn it.
      Thanks for allowing me to join your group,
      -Matt

• By Tahts-a-dats-ago
      In reflecting upon all that I am thankful for, I realized that this forum (and the members) justifies specific mention.
      Thanks to my fellow forum members. I have learned a lot from you and am grateful that you share your knowledge.
      There are a few members who I wish to specifically thank, but the list is far from complete and my thanks extend to all members.
      Chase Goldman - Thank you for your willingness to respond to questions, your extensive knowledge, and your desire to help all of your fellow forum members.
      Geotech (Carl Moreland) - Thank you for explaining the technology behind metal detectors, and giving us an inside look as to what it takes to create and build metal detectors. I wish you had the backing necessary to bring all of your ideas to market. I also wish I had the ability to fully comprehend the technical aspects.
      Dilek - Thank you for your passion, for your willingness to directly engage customers, and for listening. I wish every manufacturer had a Dilek in their executive staff.
      Steve Herschbach - Thank you for all that you do to provide us with this amazing opportunity to learn. Thank you for sharing your extensive knowledge, all that you do to answer questions, explain things, and teaching us how to be better detectorists. 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Yeah, I know, posting off topic! One of the perks I guess that come with running the place. I can break the rules and not get shown the door. 
      It’s early morning, I have my coffee, and am in a contemplative mood. Tomorrow a lot of us will be celebrating the U.S. holiday of Thanksgiving, many with family and friends, and some of us alone. Like many things I feel holidays of all sorts have been watered down by our busy lives, and the commercialization of everything. When I was young holidays were more real, all businesses except essentials closed, and the country did for a moment pause, and recognize the day. I am gratified to see Target stores announce that, going forward, they will be closed on Thanksgiving. I hope it starts a trend with other businesses.
      Giving thanks has special meaning for me. I’ve lead a blessed life, with good fortune heaped upon me. Yet like everyone I have suffered my share of pain, death, and despair. None of us live this life unscarred. A decade ago I was well on my way to killing myself with alcohol. Rehab, counseling, and very hard work on my part brought me back from the brink. I can say more than most that I was reborn, my life started anew, when I finally found the strength to stop drinking.
      People who are on the path I was on often reach a state of despair, of no hope for the future. Everything is bleak, and there seems finally to be no reason to live anymore. One of the greatest tools I was given in rehab was my practice of gratitude. Every day, we were asked to write down just one thing in our life we were thankful for. At the time that was hard, and more an exercise of going through the motions to keep the counselors happy.
      Now, practicing gratitude daily has become a core part of my spiritual practice. I tend to my body and soul like the gifts they are, and gratitude is the water I use to nourish them. I try every day to take a moment to give thanks for simply drawing breath another day, for seeing the sun rise, for being with my wife and my pups another day. There are people yesterday who made plans for today, and who are now gone, those plans snatched away, their lives at an end. We take so much for granted, we plan for tomorrow and next year, yet the truth is any one of us could leave this earth today. Truly understanding this, knowing how fragile life really is, is a core part of being grateful. Having life itself is not enough though, as many of us struggle to simply survive each day. A measure of contentment to go with life goes lacking for too many.
      I am supremely grateful, and give thanks, for all the blessings conferred upon me in my life. Family, good friends, good cheer, things that engage my mind, that bring me peace and happiness. I hope you all, no matter who you are, or whether you live in a country where tomorrow is just another day, have a measure of gratitude for things in your lives. Things that make you happy, fulfilled, content, at peace.
      Happy Thanksgiving!
      Steve Herschbach

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2021/11/gratitude-thanksgiving/620799/

• By Dirty Paws
      Hello everyone, hope you all are finding great gold and making even better memories! Adam (Dirty Paws) here from Northern California. I am fairly new to prospecting. I have been prospecting for about 3 years now, mainly panning, sluicing, and highbanking. In April 2021 purchased my first metal detector (Gold Monster 1000). Love the detector. Nov 7th 2021 I purchased a Minelab Sdc 2300 from Gerry from Gerry's Detectors and took his 3 day class at the Rye Patch with my girlfriend (Nicoles Gold). The class was great. Gerry and all of his staff were amazing. The amount of knowledge between them is infinite. since then my girlfriend and I have been trying to figure out new areas to detect and other individuals to do some detecting with. always wanting to gain more knowledge, experience, and respect for prospecting. Happy adventures to all!
    • By Dzwiedz
      Hello,

I am happy to join you all here. I have been a detectorist in my teenage years and now, after a long break, I would like to start exploring again and feel the same way I used to.

Greetings to all from Poland. 🙂
    • By Momokahn
      I just signed up and have been in and out of metal detecting for years. I still wield the Fisher CZ-5 but am looking for another metal detector that can do things better than my "coin zapper".  I saw this forum and quickly realized this is where the experts reside.  Hello everyone