Used Minelab Verification?

Dutchman4

I searched the forums and was not able to find an answer to this question:

So when I find a used Minelab SDC 2300 how do I go about verifying that it is authentic when I go to inspect it with the seller?

I looked on the minelab website and it appears there are several methods that dont require you to take it to a dealer but it is not clear to me how it is done.

Is there a hologram viewer supplied with a new unit and then you enter the sn# plus the hidden code into minelab online verification app?

3 hours ago, Dutchman4 said:

Is there a hologram viewer supplied with a new unit and then you enter the sn# plus the hidden code into minelab online verification app?

yes, there is a hologram viewer in a little genuine booklet that comes with the detector and you enter the code under the hologram to the website and it confirms it.   You can use polarized sunglasses if you hold the hologram at the right angle to just see it enough to get the code. Any Minelab dealer should have the hologram viewer if the guy with the detector doesn't have the manuals and booklets that came with it still.   Fakes have the hologram too, it's code just won't verify on the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot guys for the quick response.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I asked MineLab if they needed the hologram code when I registered for warranty.

I was told no . 🤔 

That's because your serial number was correct and your not making a warranty claim where they'd see if its fake, and you're not verifying your detector to be genuine.  All you're doing is saying you own this detector with this serial number and the serial matched with the detector type and was a genuine serial number.   In our part of the world you don't even need to register your warranty and it's just seen as a way for manufacturers to harvest your information for marketing, your purchase receipt is your warranty and that's all that matters, irreverent of who does the warranty claim, as long as they have that piece of paper or email, that's all you need.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, phrunt said:

es, there is a hologram viewer in a little genuine booklet that comes with the detector and you enter the code under the hologram to the website and it confirms it.

Thank you I never knew that and glad that you had this information.