Looks Like I'm On Board With Deus 2 & The Bone Phones

Steve Herschbach

• The title was changed to Looks Like I'm On Board With Deus 2 & The Bone Phones

I can’t wait to hear your report. It will weigh heavily with me personally. I’m also in the market for an XP at some point, just not sure which one. 

• Thanks 1

Good news ... At least the Deus2 will not be tested by a newbie .... 🙂 🙂   Looking fwd for the reports thx ✌️👍...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If these bone phones work well, I will strongly consider using them. I know I'm missing out by only using the speaker, but I won't dare hinder my situational awareness by using earbuds or headphones.

Thanks for the shout out Steve. My way of saying thanks for all your time and effort into the forum and being a cool dude and letting me post sales adds. Thanks again mr 👍👊🏻 The bone phones i think will be a major upgrade I cant wait to try them myself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mh9162013 said:

If these bone phones work well, I will strongly consider using them. I know I'm missing out by only using the speaker, but I won't dare hinder my situational awareness by using earbuds or headphones.

With Deus or ORX back phones you can hear your surrounding really well. Prob my favorite part about them. Of coarse if your in extremely noisy ground still would hinder your ability a bit. They have worked well for me in snake territory. I think the bone phones will be even better

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mh9162013 said:

... and even though they are not wireless, you can use the WS6 (smart phones) or WSA (audio only phones) wireless puck and the widely available 3rd party snap on headphone adapters as wireless receivers so you can use the bone phones untethered when land hunting.  Also agree with Kickin's assessment that the WS6/WSA backphones DO provide pretty good situational awareness because they are on the ear phone, not earcups.

• Like 2

Now Steve has me interested in the Deus II and I can't wait to hear his thoughts on this new detector from XP with the new audio features...something I struggled with in the Deus model. Maybe Kickindirt can tell us more?

Bill

27 minutes ago, cobill said:

Now Steve has me interested in the Deus II and I can't wait to hear his thoughts on this new detector from XP with the new audio features...something I struggled with in the Deus model. Maybe Kickindirt can tell us more?

Bill

I never had an issue with the Deus audio. Some people hate it I guess. I thought it was kind of pleasant. Go figure. I like what I’m hearing for demo tones on the XP Deus 2 page.

• Like 4

All I need to hear is that Deus 2 is every bit the Deus 1 as Deus 1. I’m looking for that advantage in iron, and whether their multifrequency stacks up would just be a bonus. If Deus 2 somehow misses the operating characteristics of Deus 1 while trying to capture what the Equinox brought to the table then I’m out and looking for a Deus 1. I have a pair of bone phones btw. I bought them for $5 at a lawn sale. They work awesome and you can still hear your surroundings. I don’t like headphones and never wear them unless I have to. Bone phones are the closest I can come to not using headphones if I have to wear something to be silent. 

I can’t begrudge you for changing your mind on the purchase either. I can’t guarantee that I won’t within the next hours or days buy one or both new machines myself. I talk myself into and out of it so often I can’t know what tomorrow brings. I love my tech toys and metal detectors are no exception. Deus 2 seems to bring much more to the table than Legend. I’m just not in the market for a bargain detector anymore, particularly a duplicate of one I already own and comfortable with. I want the top tier from here out. 

• Like 1