Looks Like I'm On Board With Deus 2 & The Bone Phones

Steve Herschbach

I wonder how bone headphones are when you have some hearing loss. I wear a hearing aid but I don't need it with headphones. 

1 hour ago, Rick N. MI said:

I wonder how bone headphones are when you have some hearing loss. I wear a hearing aid but I don't need it with headphones. 

Here's some info to answer your questions about the bonephones. 

https://www.soundguys.com/bone-conduction-headphones-20580/

• Like 3

Got my pre-order in, can't wait to use the new Deus II with new audio and waterproof bonephones!😀

Bill

• Like 3

Guest calabash digger

I cannot wait to try them on a dive ...I looked at some review videos of some on youtube and the guys were saying you could HEAR them great underwater.

Only concern I have is how I am going to fit them under my hood...

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 6:14 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

But I do have a Deus 2 with 9" coil on order

Reading this post caused a relief Steve🤭.

I'm now convinced on a risky step that I was waiting since Years.

I can't wait to check programs  10/11/12 and mono + salt sens to finally find the key downthere...

This machine sounds to me like the final result of a Ctx with a third of waterproof conduct by an Excal...Possibly with more depth and stability and finally able to hear chains in saltwater ...(At least I hope)

I'm really liking what I've seen so far in the videos however, reading in the manual about underwater use I read one thing that has me concerned....you attach the antenna with an elastic band to the coil.....how long is that band going to last while scrubbing the coil on the sand/rock bottom? Since I've never even touched a Deus, I'll let the users of that system chime in. 

Cliff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdv said:

I'm really liking what I've seen so far in the videos however, reading in the manual about underwater use I read one thing that has me concerned....you attach the antenna with an elastic band to the coil.....how long is that band going to last while scrubbing the coil on the sand/rock bottom? Since I've never even touched a Deus, I'll let the users of that system chime in. 

Cliff

The coil/remote connection antenna Is my same and only doubt in this machine.

When diving, You're perfectly right talking about scrubbing and damages near the corner.

I'm curious to know what's the distance tolered for a good connection among coil and antenna and I'm already thinking to a straight shaft with the antenna hihed inside the tube, barely appearing near the coil's ears and the bolt.

Im kind of with you on the wait and see for it’s use in the salt water.  Not certain how that antenna will work.  It appears to clip on the box .. and the piece that holds the box to the shaft…. Will it hold up to the real wear and tear of serious water hunters in waves, long shore current, and taking it all apart?   It obviously is worth watching.  Does it have a salt balance like the MDT to adjust for minerals at various depth?  I’ve never owned a Deus so I want to hear more from guys who get it wet.  The warranty says …. Trust me it’s been tested well.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Kickindirt said:

Thanks for the shout out Steve. My way of saying thanks for all your time and effort into the forum and being a cool dude and letting me post sales adds. Thanks again mr 👍👊🏻 The bone phones i think will be a major upgrade I cant wait to try them myself.

Any forum member exclusive deals on the Dues 2?  Asking for a friend? 🙂

• Like 1