Cold Gold....

oneguy

Persistence pays off!  I think they'd have been a little larger if the cold hadn't made them shrink a bit.   This reminds me once of when my dad and I went dredging with snow on the banks of the creek.  What we miners do to get out for a little treasure hunting after cabin fever has set in.  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oneguy said:

Glad I got out even though anyone with half a brain would have stayed home....

And who says that to one of us when they are facing us, nobody because they don't know what else we might swing at them.

We may be a little crazy when we detect, but we still detect when we can.

Great finds on such a bad day, but then again when you find nice things like that it ain't to bad of a day.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Nice finds oneguy, I've detected in the cold and snow in NV. Not as much fun as in the warmer months but helps with cabin fever.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MSC said:

Nice finds oneguy, I've detected in the cold and snow in NV. Not as much fun as in the warmer months but helps with cabin fever.  

Your comment reminded me of my very first season chasing gold the old fashioned, back breaking, cold, wet, and physically hard way to find  the elusive flakes.  Digging, classifying, sluicing and panning is HARD work. When I think back about my first season, I think of the day I took this pic and why I'm happy the Forest Service drove me to detect for gold because of all their BS on the creek claim I was working at that time. The day I took this pic was just before I'd managed to fell in the creek and got a left leg wader full of water and of course I had no change of clothes. Fortunately I was only five miles (45 min.) from the PU and weather wasn't that cold by Montana standards. It was a cold ride out and miserable.  Thanks for reminding me of the  miserable day 5 yrs ago (pic)!  Yesterdays hunt was a cake walk compared to how I did things in the beginning....

goldzilla.JPG

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

Nothing like finding a few heavy metals to warm the fingertips.  Well earned.

• Thanks 1