Here’s Youtube Video - Dilek Talking About Legend

4 hours ago, nickeldNdimed said:

Everything needs to turn into a reality TV drama these days guys.  Part of the marketing and staying relevant. I couldn’t finish watching it.  Better things to do this week. I’ll wait for the tests and side by side and opinions. Happy Thanksgiving. 

Same here.  Too much drama!   Just show me facts and leave the personal attacks and opinions out of it.  This whole charade turns me off to Nokta/Makro as a company.  Why can’t they just show what their product can do and let the actions speak for themselves?

On 11/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, Tnsharpshooter said:

Wow.  SMH.  Unfortunately cringeworthy. Really surprised that Dilek hasn't developed a thicker skin in this arena. The "hater"/"anti-fanboy" response the Legend launch garnered isn't anything new or unique to Nokta.  Nokta took the competition pot shots, so they should have been prepared for the expected backlash (if you can't stand the heat etc.).  Wish they would have stayed above the fray and simply taken the high road and marketed Legend on its own design merits.  The lack of self-awareness on the irony of their competition criticisms is also embarrassing.  There is no ML/Nokta tit-for-tat here.  Frankly, the sad truth may be that until possibly now, ML has not even taken Nokta seriously enough to directly disrespect them in any marketing campaign.  Finally, Dilek needs to learn two fundamental truisms when dealing with online criticism: Never wrestle with pigs in the mud, you just get muddy yourself while the pigs enjoy themselves and "Do not feed the trolls!" Nothing she has said here will make one iota of difference in people's opinions of the company, Dilek, the launch, or the product.   And why aren't folks entitled to their opinions in the first place, regardless of how mean, uninformed, or moronic they may be?  That's just the what online culture has unfortunately evolved into.  This response probably isn't going to lose them any sales but it also is certainly not going to boost sales, either.  It is unfortunate but true.  Simply ignoring the negative noise would have been a much better look and is frankly what I would have expected from Dilek and Nokta prior to the Legend launch.

I hope I am wrong but this could be resulting from Dilek and NM being under severe business survival stress.  Things are really economically tough in Turkey right now, and NM may have gone "all in" on Legend with the company's future fortunes being solely determined by whether Legend becomes a true detector legend or simply a footnote in detector lore.

• Like 5

She really goes off in that video, not a good look.   Gives everyone a big lecture.   You don't attack and insult potential customers, these very vocal critics of the detector she should be trying to convert into Nokta fans, not make them enemies.  Very wrong approach to the problem if you ask me.

It was a cringe worthy watch.

I'm putting my foot down on the price thing, shes carrying on about it's fantastic price compared to the "competition" but it seems that's only in very few countries, others it's either the same or more expensive.  Here, it's more expensive.  I guess I'm what she's calling a keypad warrior as I'm not happy about that and been vocal about it.

Aside from that, I'm pretty happy with the Legend, and might end up with one, especially if they make gold prospecting coils for it.   A little 6.5 x 3.5" solid epoxy filled concentric for it and I'd be sold, a similar design to the snake except concentric rather than DD although both types would be great 🙂 She's now asked on Facebook about what coils people would want for it, and she mentioned concentric coils as an option which means it's obviously capable of running them, so that's sounding very promising. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Geotech said:

I just don't understand why NM is getting so much grief over this. Did Garrett get this much criticism over their Apex (which, functionally, also seems to closely mimic the Equinox)? I only remember they got criticized for lack of waterproofing.

Not sure NM is getting that much grief quite frankly, but a couple of things come to mind that may have contributed to the situation and also why the criticism of Garrett's Apex may have been relatively muted.

First, NM started the buzz train rolling with their infamous 2019 "naming contest" for their forthcoming SMF detector.  Nearly three years later, here we are...oops!

Contrast that with Garrett, where we did not even know that the Apex was going to be SMF until they announced it on launch day.  Three teaser promotional videos never even hinted at that. Despite being part of the Ace series, that was a huge leap for Garrett who was seemingly devoid of technology innovation as evidence by various warmed-over, rinse-repeat variants of the AT series masquerading as something new and innovative.  Apex was a surprise and reinvigorated the notion that Garrett had regained their innovation mojo and that true competition with ML on SMF detector tech was on the horizon.

NM less than subtle jabs at ML were off-putting, awkward, and frankly logically flawed in some instances. Garrett's pokes were more subtle and played more to emphasizing the strengths of the Apex design.

Finally, it is never a good omen to be in fourth place.  Let's face it, Garrett and XP both beat NM to the SMF announcement punch.  Who expected that outcome?  

While not every detector is expected to break new technological ground, if you don't wow your customer base with a groundbreaking technical leap, you need to at least wow them on value, quality, or versatility.   Frankly, the Legend price difference vs. Equinox is decent (but apparently only in the US as Simon points out) though not paradigm shifting like Equinox was, Simplex, Vanquish or perhaps even Apex launch pricing especially when you consider that many folks are going to be willing to trade their hard earned cash for the much more expensive Deus II, so there's that.  Hoping that value, and build quality/watertightness carry them to a successful release.  I DO plan on getting one just to see what it can do and to determine whether it may have some subtle niche superpower in hot dirt.  It's a decent gamble at that price point.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, phrunt said:

"I'm pretty happy with the Legend, and might end up with one, especially if they make gold prospecting coils for it.   A little 6.5 x 3.5" solid epoxy filled concentric for it and I'd be sold, a similar design to the snake except concentric rather than DD although both types would be great 🙂 She's now asked on Facebook about what coils people would want for it, and she mentioned concentric coils as an option which means it's obviously capable of running them, so that's sounding very promising". 

Agree 100%. Since I mainly prospect If they made a none touch sensitive 10x5 DD, 6x4ish concentric or a 6" round concentric like on my 24k I would take a serious look at owning a Legend as well. A 6" round concentric should be pretty easy to make since they already make a 6" DD.

• Like 1

Hello all....

My message in the video was not intended for people stating opinions BUT for those who showed total disrespect with their remarks on some of the groups…. Sorry but I am not going to sit in my corner and just watch slander. Because there is years of effort and hard work behind that product. And the funny thing is nobody has even used it. You can buy it/not buy it/like it/dislike it// ...that is all up to the customers and we simply respect that. 

I am indeed a very humble person...so is the whole team at Nokta Makro. We bow in front of our customers and go out of our ways for them... We accept our mistakes and work hard to improve. I always say we owe where we are to our valued customers. BUT I am not going to accept insults from people who are not even close to being a potential customer but just joins groups named after OUR DETECTOR just to bash it!

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Hello all....

My message in the video was not intended for people stating opinions BUT for those who showed total disrespect with their remarks on some of the groups…. Sorry but I am not going to sit in my corner and just watch slander. Because there is years of effort and hard work behind that product. And the funny thing is nobody has even used it. You can buy it/not buy it/like it/dislike it// ...that is all up to the customers and we simply respect that. 

I am indeed a very humble person...so is the whole team at Nokta Makro. We bow in front of our customers and go out of our ways for them... We accept our mistakes and work hard to improve. I always say we owe where we are to our valued customers. BUT I am not going to accept insults from people who are not even close to being a potential customer but just joins groups named after OUR DETECTOR just to bash it!

Dilek, I appreciate your loyalty, passion, and customer service but please just ignore them like your loyal customers and potential customers already do. It's just noise. They are beneath you and not worthy of the attention you are giving them.  Give your customer base some credit in knowing where to get relevant info on the Legend.  If people are swayed by morons nothing you are going to say will change that and you don't need the feebleminded to be part of your customer base anyway.  I frankly wouldn't even know about these hater groups other than you keep shining a light on them.  Let them wail in darkness.

In the mean time, get us a small 10x5, 10x6 preferably solid coil for the Legend, 👍

• Like 8

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

She really goes off in that video, not a good look.   Gives everyone a big lecture.   You don't attack and insult potential customers, these very vocal critics of the detector she should be trying to convert into Nokta fans, not make them enemies.  Very wrong approach to the problem if you ask me.

It was a cringe worthy watch.

I'm putting my foot down on the price thing, shes carrying on about it's fantastic price compared to the "competition" but it seems that's only in very few countries, others it's either the same or more expensive.  Here, it's more expensive.  I guess I'm what she's calling a keypad warrior as I'm not happy about that and been vocal about it.

Aside from that, I'm pretty happy with the Legend, and might end up with one, especially if they make gold prospecting coils for it.   A little 6.5 x 3.5" solid epoxy filled concentric for it and I'd be sold, a similar design to the snake except concentric rather than DD although both types would be great 🙂 She's now asked on Facebook about what coils people would want for it, and she mentioned concentric coils as an option which means it's obviously capable of running them, so that's sounding very promising. 

Hello! Let me correct. I have not insulted anybody so I will not accept that!

You can only convert open-minded people...and people without a different agenda! 

Customer is right as long as they are a customer or a potential customer! The people that I am referring to in that video will not be a Nokta Makro customer and believe me I know some of them pretty well!

Now when it comes to pricing, you may be right about the pricing in your country as our shipping costs and customs add a significant amount and our competitor of course has an advantage in that sense. However, saying it is cheaper in only a few countries is definitely not accurate as our pricing is very competitive in all the countries in Europe as well as USA and that makes a lot of countries, not a few.

AND my keypad warriors remark was for those people slandering and insulting the brand, I would never say that for people who are stating complaints or opinions.

• Like 5

yes, fighting back only shows everybody they exist and people that didn't know about these "haters" now sure do.  I guess its a difficult situation as other companies don't even have a presence and say nothing on forums and social media, being the company that does opens you up to ridicule a lot more even though having the presence is a fantastic thing and it's beyond good we can talk directly to the company and not be ignored it does mean you'll more likely get people disagree or dislike things that are said or done.

I thought I was one of them that you were upset with and probably am complaining about the price in other countries especially my own and Australia not being great at all, in fact worse than the Nox.   I understand there are geographical challenges getting gear into a few small remote islands in the middle of the pacific however Minelab have no trouble doing it from Malaysia and maintain competitive pricing.   The Minelab alternatives for both the Simplex and Legend are better value here and especially in Australia where I buy a lot of stuff.  These are my opinions based on what I see as fact, they're not being a hater.   What I was saying is the pricing the USA gets is significantly better than elsewhere from what I've seen so far, the price gap is bigger.  The biggest price difference seems to be in the USA although I guess we'll wait and see what Minelab does with their pricing yet as that may change dramatically.

It sucks there are people attacking Nokta over this like you describe and I honestly hope the Legend is as good as you say it is, I've told my dealer I'll be buying one on his second batch if the detector meets expectations once people have been able to use it and see, as you said in your own presentation you'd be a bad salesperson to say it's worse than the competition.

I'm very pleased there is now multiple competitors in the multi frequency game, and yes I think the Legend was inspired a lot by the Nox, but why wouldn't it be? It's a compliment to Minelab more than anything.  If it's an improvement over the Nox, fantastic!

• Like 4